• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

You guys want petterson? Another soft as baby shit overpaid forward that doesn’t perform in the playoffs? He’d fit right fucking in.

You guys want petterson? Another soft as baby shit overpaid forward that doesn’t perform in the playoffs? He’d fit right fucking in.

People get so jumpy over a guy struggling in a single playoff run

1715823645172.png

Stud in 1 run, bad in the next. Which is he?

Only in Toronto does that kind of light, loving feedback seem like an attempt to drive someone out of town.

oh shit now i want the oilers to win.

he wants out let's fucking go.
I think he just wants out of that presser because he doesnt like talking to the media. Moving to Toronto won't make that part of his job easier, especially if he chooses to answer questions in such a manner.

First time in 4 years we've finished outside the top-5, or without top-5 metrics to boot.

Largely because our GM wasted elite player money on Klingberg+Kampf.
Kinda makes the point. Our cap structure gave bubbes no margin for error around the edges, and errors he made.

Tbh it was one of the more bizarre pressers I've ever seen. Can't tell if he's depressed, sick, hates his coach, hates his teammates, or hates hockey entirely.
Maybe he just hates the media or hates having to sit and answer questions. Or maybe he's just tired. But none of what we're seeing from him in that exchange gets better by moving to Toronto. It gets worse.

And by the way, does anyone know if EP has a NMC?

It could also have been a bad year based on a one-time crazy fluke 10 game pointless skid or whatever it was.

There's no reason to think he won't bounce back with 30+ and 82 points next year, which would be the same production he was always good for.
The Leafs score plenty of goals with or without him. That's not why he was brought to Toronto and you know it. It was always about the kid in the Leafs pajamas. It was always about leadership and his ability to will this team over the hump.

You saw that pic and the first thing you thought was "Hey! I used to sleep in Leafs pajamas when I was a kid too!" (I mean, sure, you probably didn't have the nerdy spaceship model like JT, but everything else checked out) And ever since, you have been emotionally invested in the idea and the dream of Tavares while ignoring the cap eating reality of Tavares.

He can't get you there. He will never get you there. And as long as the Leafs don't shed his contract they have no path to get there. The dream is over, for you, and for that boy in the Leafs pajamas. It was a nice dream, but it's done. Time to wake up, be a man, and put away childish things. The core four is no more and JT is the first domino that needs to fall.

I wish I had more faith Tre was going to a) make an okay deal and b) spend that money wisely because giving a non-idiot more money to play with sounds pretty great but if he’s just gonna spend it on Klingbergs well fuck me.

I wish I had more faith Tre was going to a) make an okay deal and b) spend that money wisely because giving a non-idiot more money to play with sounds pretty great but if he’s just gonna spend it on Klingbergs well fuck me.
I feel like between Roy, Tanev, Zadorov, Pesce, Montour, Skjei, he will sign 1-2 of them, i dont think he's such a dummy that he brings back the internal plugs or thinks Yler Myers is the answer

Back