• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I really don't think they're instructed to stand still. PP has loads of movement on it when it's hot. Tavares in particular has been a huge problem.
All Tavares should be doing on the PP is standing in front of the net and deflecting or burying rebounds. He can also tough it out in the corners and in tight. To use him out of the five guys to carry the puck in and establish possession was beyond stupid and quickly evident as not working, and yet Keefe stuck with it like glue.

All Tavares should be doing on the PP is standing in front of the net and deflecting or burying rebounds. He can also tough it out in the corners and in tight. To use him out of the five guys to carry the puck in and establish possession was beyond stupid and quickly evident as not working, and yet Keefe stuck with it like glue.
thank you for finally admitting how limited ole Johnny's skill-set has become

I really don't think they're instructed to stand still. PP has loads of movement on it when it's hot. Tavares in particular has been a huge problem.
I agree but they’re definitely told where to set, how to enter etc.

Also look at how Dallas deploys benn - all bumper and not much movement, like they used to do with Tavares.

thank you for finally admitting how limited ole Johnny's skill-set has become
He was always that guy though. Keefe just started misusing him, like he did with pretty much every other player.

Why would you have Matty or Marner break into the zone and pass it off to him on the side boards every time? Even if it was a fantastic strategy with early results, when other teams picked up on it, maybe, I don't know...change it?? But it was bad from the start and they kept hammering that square peg. Matty should've been handing it off to Marner or Nylander. Those three should be the ones carrying. Rielly isn't great at it either, and should just hang back, while Tavares breaks into the zone unchecked and goes straight to the front of the net.

Rocket science, this is not.

Tuesday will be like driving up to your home on your birthday, and finding that you have multiple strangers' cars parked on your driveway and up and down your street, and wondering what all the commotion is about.

Whatever this announcement is going to be on Tuesday, it promises to provide a serious jolt.

Next order of business:

Trade Tavares
Trade Jarnkrok
Trade Kampf

Fix the defense.
Fix the goaltending.

I think we could be good. If anything I think you get the initial improvement of having a new coach.

He was always that guy though. Keefe just started misusing him, like he did with pretty much every other player.

Why would you have Matty or Marner break into the zone and pass it off to him on the side boards every time? Even if it was a fantastic strategy with early results, when other teams picked up on it, maybe, I don't know...change it?? But it was bad from the start and they kept hammering that square peg. Matty should've been handing it off to Marner or Nylander. Those three should be the ones carrying. Rielly isn't great at it either, and should just hang back, while Tavares breaks into the zone unchecked and goes straight to the front of the net.

Rocket science, this is not.
we agree the approach to zone entries on the PP this year was idiotic

Back