• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

I guess on the blue line. But this year they were pretty loaded with skill up front.
eh... not really a huge step up from the previous season's lineup, if much at all...

game 5 vs florida --> game 7 vs boston

--top six--
Matthews --> Matthews
Willy --> Willy
Marner ---> Marner
JT ---> slower JT
Bunting --> Bertuzzi
O'Reilly --> Domi

--bottom six--
Kerfoot --> Holmberg
Knies --> Knies
Kampf --> Kampf
Krok --> Krok
Acciari --> Dewar
Lafferty --> Gregor

eh... not really a huge step up from the previous season's lineup, if much at all...

game 5 vs florida --> game 7 vs boston

--top six--
Matthews --> Matthews
Willy --> Willy
Marner ---> Marner
JT ---> slower JT
Bunting --> Bertuzzi
O'Reilly --> Domi

--bottom six--
Kerfoot --> Holmberg
Knies --> Knies
Kampf --> Kampf
Krok --> Krok
Acciari --> Dewar
Lafferty --> Gregor
With d that were never ever gonna get the most of any skill advantage they may have even had.

But yeah, ROR dropping Tavares to 3c has a clear advantage for me in terms of talent up front. JT 1 year older this year too and seemingly finished.

If you factor in Robertson and McMann is much better scoring depth. And next year they should add Cowan good. Plenty of skill up front, but they need to keep/replace Domi and Bert and get actual centers.

So one of the main skill improvements came from a guy they waived earlier this year so that they can keep Noah Gregor.

Well he was never worth 11m beyond his first season with the leafs. But yes he's finished as a #1c.

He's a pp mooch now mostly. ME presented a lovely argument that his 5 on 5 game declined horribly.

They need to move him. That's all they need to get rid of this summer.

30 goal guy going into the final year of his deal? Everyone would've taken that on the day he signed it.

And still our best net front guy. He'll be more than fine next season, and I'd expect him to post better numbers too.

Back