• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Yeah sorry, I refuse to believe the golfer knows anything. As little as I think of Tre, I don't think the Leafs front office is telling Rory McIlroy what the plans are this summer.

What the fuck is even going on right now?

Friedman is basically sitting in on meetings and reporting them almost fucking verbatim on his podcast, fucking golfers are getting insider information over lobster fucking bisque.

Fuck everything about how this clown front office operates.

It’s been all downhill since every single shitty talking head knew right from the outset that Shanahan was hiring Treliving.

Since then, our front office rivals the Bill Watters-as-AGM era in terms of how leaky they are.

I think the opposite is happening... They seem to be very tight lipped. After telling everyone that they are going to make big changes and it's no longer time to be patient, the most we've gotten is Elliotte's "I wouldn't be surprised if.. they feel that Marner is worth the money and he stays. But also they may trade him. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens either. I wouldn't be surprised. And I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Marner and he plays well for another team."

It's all nothingness. Imo they've locked it down for once. They can't let anyone know that they're for sure going to trade anyone. That's how you lose a trade.

Yeah sorry, I refuse to believe the golfer knows anything. As little as I think of Tre, I don't think the Leafs front office is telling Rory McIlroy what the plans are this summer.

I mean Pelley definitely knows McIllroy from PGA Europe/Ryder Cup days.

I think the opposite is happening... They seem to be very tight lipped. After telling everyone that they are going to make big changes and it's no longer time to be patient, the most we've gotten is Elliotte's "I wouldn't be surprised if.. they feel that Marner is worth the money and he stays. But also they may trade him. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens either. I wouldn't be surprised. And I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Marner and he plays well for another team."

It's all nothingness. Imo they've locked it down for once. They can't let anyone know that they're for sure going to trade anyone. That's how you lose a trade.
Optimistic perspective

Optimistic perspective
Has there been a single rumor out there from Elliotte about a potential return? It's all just social media speculation. We've heard nothing other than "I wonder if.." or "I wouldn't be surprised if.." reports from Elliotte that tell us absolutely nothing.

I've been very critical about loose lips Tre for his entire tenure here but I'm not seeing it yet with this Marner situation. I'm fairly confident that they have at least preliminarily called around to do their due diligence and gauge interest from other teams but we have heard zilch about that maybe for the first time ever under Tre. Maybe that changes but for now it's all very tight.

Of course, unless they told their entire plan to Rory McIlroy and Rory in turn told the media about it.

In that case yeah, not exactly ironclad tight. But I'm highly skeptical of that.

Marner comes out and puts up 60 points over the first 30 games of the season and we sign him to Matthews money incoming.
He'll be 27 in a contract year. You know he's going crazy next year. Sitting and doing nothing is the dumbest idea ever. Yet, they keep doing it.

They are just walking back the "marner has to go" stuff through Elliott.

He always says stuff like "i wonder" to soften it, otherwise no one would tell him anything.

Back