• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Yeah sorry, I refuse to believe the golfer knows anything. As little as I think of Tre, I don't think the Leafs front office is telling Rory McIlroy what the plans are this summer.
What's the scoop anyway? They're going to make changes?

They've made changes every year since they were awarded the franchise 100 years ago.

Fletch is still there? I don't remember ever seeing him shown in the box during the games the past season or two.

images

They are just walking back the "marner has to go" stuff through Elliott.

He always says stuff like "i wonder" to soften it, otherwise no one would tell him anything.
But he isn't saying anything. It's just words with no meaning. "They might do this or they might not."

Those aren't rumors. He's just giving multiple scenarios of what could or could not happen, often conflicting, and nothing groundbreaking. It's all common sense stuff. Very different from the specific rumors like "the Leafs will sign Reaves when free agency opens" or "they're interested in Boosh and Eddy."

It sounds like a man that has to fill time on a podcast, knows how juicy the Leafs stuff is and doesn't have much information to give to anyone. So he rambles and says nothing like a WeHave post.

Last edited:
But he isn't saying anything. It's just words with no meaning. "They might do this or they might not."

Those aren't rumors. He's just giving multiple scenarios of what could or could not happen, often conflicting, and nothing groundbreaking. It's all common sense stuff. Very different from the specific rumors like "the Leafs will sign Reaves when free agency opens" or "they're interested in Boosh and Eddy."

It sounds like a man that has to fill time on a podcast, knows how juicy the Leafs stuff is and doesn't have much information to give to anyone. So he rambles and says nothing like a WeHave post.
My hot take is that you might be right, but you also may not be right, so we'll have to wait until something actually happens and then we can look back on my post here and only speculate as to how I totally predicted it. Now gimme lotsa likes so I can land some sponsors.

I disagree. Saying the Leafs aren't in a rush to trade Marner, because they recognize trading him could be a disaster, and the contract is a driving factor isn't nothing. Thats a much more comforting position than the "its 95% they will trade him" stuff.

Whether its true is another question.

I disagree. Saying the Leafs aren't in a rush to trade Marner, because they recognize trading him could be a disaster, and the contract is a driving factor isn't nothing. Thats a much more comforting position than the "its 95% they will trade him" stuff.

Whether its true is another question.
Agree to disagree then. I see him saying a lot of words without any meaning. "They're not in a rush to trade Marner". No shit, I could have come up with that too. Shanny himself mentioned in the presser that they won't do anything for the sake of doing it. I sense a man that is finally getting minimal info but has to fill time on a podcast. But we shall see if that changes.

My hot take is that you might be right, but you also may not be right, so we'll have to wait until something actually happens and then we can look back on my post here and only speculate as to how I totally predicted it. Now gimme lotsa likes so I can land some sponsors.
I'm just enjoying finally not getting oddly specific rumors out of Elliotte! It tells me that maybe they have prioritized locking him out of this saga! Maybe that eventually changes but for now it's refreshing!

The problem is it’s not easy to just go and get a good goalie. Getting a cheap 1B to team up with Woll is probably the 3rd best option this offseason behind Saros and Ullmark, and Saros and Ullmark may not even get traded. Realistically it could be the only option.
Those aren’t the only good goalies out there. They have to identify who could be the next Ullmark. He wasn’t as highly regarded a few years back. Why are we always late to the party.

Overpay for a goalie if need be. It’s a joke we haven’t been able to figure it out. A cheap 1B to go with Woll is a joke.

You trust the Leafs pro scouting to identify a goalie that isn't highly regarded, but will be the next "good goalie"... AND you're willing to overpay if need be?

JFJ?

Those aren’t the only good goalies out there. They have to identify who could be the next Ullmark. He wasn’t as highly regarded a few years back. Why are we always late to the party.

Overpay for a goalie if need be. It’s a joke we haven’t been able to figure it out. A cheap 1B to go with Woll is a joke.

Get a cheap 1B and "go and find the next Ullmark" are the same thing.

Yeah sorry, I refuse to believe the golfer knows anything. As little as I think of Tre, I don't think the Leafs front office is telling Rory McIlroy what the plans are this summer.
I can believe someone told Rory changes are coming, but no actual specifics. Along with team unity with the FO and goalie coach.

I can believe someone told Rory changes are coming, but no actual specifics. Along with team unity with the FO and goalie coach.

No, when they hired Rory he signed a NDA. So he knows what changes are coming, he's just keeping it quiet until Friedman is allowed to share it on twitter.

Back