• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

And yeah, I'd probably rather sign a 100 point player for 12 million than let him walk. Not my preferred option here but letting him walk would be a a pretty big fucking disaster.

The emotional part of me is just like mucho's a little bitch, gtfo.

Perfect world they trade him for equivalent value for someone who isn't a bitch. Ideally a cost controlled #1 horse d. But that's probably not realistic. It's a difficult situation. Glad we have a great accomplished GM in charge.
If i had to guess, even if he agrees to waive alot of the offers are centered around a high end prospect, which while cheap, isn't a difference maker immediately.

Think it's largely an emotional response re: Marner though.

I still don't see much reason to get rid of him for a shit package.
yup. I've been as anti-mitchie as anyone on here, and I've fully come around to this position too.

you're just not gonna win a trade for expiring UFA Marner.

now, I do have concerns about what an extension will look like, but that is a different can of worms...

I like that there is a little trade turmoil surrounding this season for Marner, as it may entice him to sign sooner than later. Call their bluff.

But you cannot leave a Marner sized hole on the roster. You trade him only if it's a "hockey trade", or if there is someone in free agency to spend those dollars on.

Realistically they are likely looking at a similar value change of scenery scenario or young potential D and assets kind of deal

Realistically they are likely looking at a similar value change of scenery scenario or young potential D and assets kind of deal
Marner with an extension for Theodore with an extension and Karlsson has always been the deal i circle back to, with odds and ends sprinkled on either side.

I’m hoping that the marner speculation is really just a bait and switch tactic. Oh he won’t waive? Well maybe look at Tavares then.

The way the Tavares contract is structured it is perfectly setup to be traded this year. I wonder if this was pre-planned to have JT have a few kicks at the can but then moveable if we were ready to move on. JT might then be on board for a trade. Hoping anyways. #wishfulthinking

If you're not getting back more value than you figure you can get for Marner's 10.9 in free agency, you let him walk and just spend the money in the summer. There should be zero bad money in a Marner deal.

Why are people still talking about trades? He won’t let them trade him. He wants to outlast management and this shitty playoff streak, and we should actually love him for that.

The only options here are sign him now or let him play the season and walk. And the latter option is pure idiocy.

Why are people still talking about trades? He won’t let them trade him. He wants to outlast management and this shitty playoff streak, and we should actually love him for that.

The only options here are sign him now or let him play the season and walk. And the latter option is pure idiocy.
If you left out the parts where you pretend to know what the player is thinking, you would come off much better.

It looks like you were right about Marner, but it has absolutely nothing to do with outlasting management, being a Toornto kid, or worrying about his playoff numbers.

Back