• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

So i struggle with this a little bit.

If Tre asks anyone to waive and they say no, optically, it makes more sense for him to leak that they never asked. What does he/anyone gain by being like, hey, i asked this bitch to go away, he wouldn't do it?
We seem to hear everything this organization does and it always ends up being pretty accurate.

It sure sounds like they haven't even decided to really explore a Marner trade yet. Why would we say "oh poor Tre, he can't work with these NMCs!". He hasn't even tried?

Yeah, but you underestimate how badly they both want Mitch to stay a Leaf. Ultimately the Leafs hold the trump card because they could just refuse to resign him, so it’s a big game of chicken that has another year plus left on the game clock.
if you're right about this, then the Dubie man really got fucking played on the previous contract.

we're gonna end up using the money we shoulda used on a 2nd pair D to extend fucking Eddy. then we won't be able to afford Mathieu Roy or something like that.

I think Eddy wants to come back would be shocked if Leafs would offer anything more than peanuts

We seem to hear everything this organization does and it always ends up being pretty accurate.

It sure sounds like they haven't even decided to really explore a Marner trade yet. Why would we say "oh poor Tre, he can't work with these NMCs!". He hasn't even tried?
I'd like to think an NHL GM can keep asking a player to waive, and the player saying no quiet, and successfully leaking to reporters they never asked. It behooves the team and the player to lie and say there was no conversation, and i presume you dont say a word to other NHL teams until you get said permission.

I'd like to think an NHL GM can keep asking a player to waive, and the player saying no quiet, and successfully leaking to reporters they never asked. It behooves the team and the player to lie and say there was no conversation, and i presume you dont say a word to other NHL teams until you get said permission.

When Treliving is having actual discussions with teams about a Marner trade, we will know about it. You know that's true.

I see no reason to give him an NMC excuse even before he's seemingly started discussions.

Remember, Luke Schenn parlayed a few weeks in a Leaf jersey into 3x2.75 after....7....years of making 1.25 million or less, 5 of those being 800K or less.

There's something about this market that pumps the fucking tires of bad physical defenders.

Remember, Luke Schenn parlayed a few weeks in a Leaf jersey into 3x2.75 after....7....years of making 1.25 million or less, 5 of those being 800K or less.

There's something about this market that pumps the fucking tires of bad physical defenders.
I hope that’s what tempts Baboon and Ed to stick it out for a bit here and cash in elsewhere.

And by all accounts at least to enough GM"s Edmundson played well, and will get something similar IMO

I think Eddy wants to come back would be shocked if Leafs would offer anything more than peanuts
If the leafs are offering anything close to league min, I don't think they'd be as close to a deal as they say they are. At that point he'd just test the market. I'm guessing 1.5-2.5m for ~3-4 years. He gets 2.5+ on a 1-2 year deal imo.

When Treliving is having actual discussions with teams about a Marner trade, we will know about it. You know that's true.

I see no reason to give him an NMC excuse even before he's seemingly started discussions.
I know there's a meme on this board that Elliotte Friedman sits in on organizational meetings, but it's far more likely that teams use him to leak info they want out there. Of course he has connections, but personally I think it's silly to assume that we know anything at all right now. Unless there's someone secretly leaking information for no reason, the Leafs could easily have decided to keep Marner discussions close to the vest for now.

People assumed the Leafs only talked to 2 coaches because 2 names were mentioned on Twitter, but didn't Tree say they talked a bunch of guys at the Berube PC (can't remember the exact #)

A d corps with Eddy and Benoit on it as two of the regular 6 already depresses me enough. Even worse is that they're likely to add another slug on top of that. Fuck this front office. It's hopeless.
yeah, another good point. Benoit already fills Eddy's ideal spot in the lineup.

so like leafman said, if he's a #9 at league min, fine. otherwise, fuck off bubbles

If the leafs are offering anything close to league min, I don't think they'd be as close to a deal as they say they are. At that point he'd just test the market. I'm guessing 1.5-2.5m for ~3-4 years. He gets 2.5+ on a 1-2 year deal imo.
literally the terms i said.

Jonas and Preston, agreeing on things, fighting crimes, drinking beers....best friends, YEAH

Back