• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

lol everyone here hating Tree before he even gets a couple of years. Meanwhile that fraud Dubas got years.

It’s a damn near certainty he’ll get better results than the fraud did.

lol everyone here hating Tree before he even gets a couple of years. Meanwhile that fraud Dubas got years.

Treliving won 2 first round series during his Calgary tenure. Twice the success of the fraudulent nerd!

We’ll see. He’s inheriting a better team. Better resources. Significantly easier to retain talent in Toronto than it is in Calgary. Much easier convincing players to sign here than in Calgary. He built up a solid defense. A defense that if we had here we’d be really happy about. He swung for the fences for Markstrom. That’s all I want here at this point. Get a good goalie. And fix the defense.

I’m not convinced that Bundy is that guy here either. But Dubas was a fraud GM. Fuck that guy.

I think they could have had hyman for even less. And also that Tavares deal undoubtedly raises the prices on Matthews Marner and now nylander.

I didn’t hate the idea of the move at the time so I guess I’m almost as dumb as dumbas, but What a disas
Anyone that couldn't see losing Hyman and Kadri was a bad move is not interested in having The Leafs win a cup. They see this team as a franchise and not a legit hockey team.

Don’t mistake my Treliving hate for me somehow pining for Dubas.

You may have been on the “fire Dubas” train before I was, but I wanted him fired for at least a couple of seasons before he finally got the boot. And I’m still happy he’s gone.

But Treliving sucks. Marc Giordano arrived here having only made in past the first round (to the second round, where they lost) once in his entire career. Because Pizza Boy built a decent regular season team that couldn’t even win a playoff round in the paper-soft Western conference.

On top of that, on the way out the door in Calgary, he bungled the contract negotiations for his two franchise players, lost one for nothing, made one of the worst trades in recent NHL history for the other and then signed multiple contracts that will make Calgary’s cap situation a smouldering ruin for years to come.

So if you want to withhold judgment on him here that’s fine, but I don’t think he deserves it. He’s got an extensive and shitty track record to judge him on.

And if you want to judge him on Toronto only, he’s already completely bungled the Nylander contract negotiation, failed to trade Marner before his NMC kicked in and flushed another year down the toilet by opting to give Keefe another year.

Back