• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Why in the hell would Treliving want to reacquire Markstrom after how hard he flopped for him in Calgary after he signed him to that big deal?

It’d be like Nonis getting another GM gig immediately after leaving the Leafs and wanting to reacquire Clarkson.

Considering the overall love affair this board had with our previous fraud for a GM I’d say it’s a safe bet Bundy has significantly better results just to stick it to this place.

Go
Bundy
Go

Markstrom actually has good advanced numbers.

Each of the last 3 years he has had positive dsv% and GSAx, meaning he has played well above expected. He is 12th in dsv% and 7th in GSAx among goalies with 50+ gp.

It’s interesting because in his .922 season 3 years ago the Flames were 3rd in xGA and put up the 5th best xGA season in the last 3 years. In his .904 season this year the Flames were 21st in xGA. He was top 10 in dsv% and GSAx both years though.

The shitty middle .892 year he was shitty, but not Murray, Campbell, Sammy shitty. Just middle of the pack, expected level shitty.

Last edited:
My guess is we will need a third team to eat cap space. Sucks with Arizona gone as the cap floor going up would have helped as a trade partner.

I’ve given up to the idea the leafs will force JT out, like they should. Likely trade Marner just cause the fans want to see it. Prob extend JT this summer instead as a fuck you as management gets turned over next summer after another lost season of prime Matthews. Then we get to try again.

We have turned into the Oilers pre-management changes. Hopefully, we can luck out in the same manner and someone can come in and take advantage of Matthews final prime years.

Each of the last 3 years he has had positive dsv% and GSAx, meaning he has played well above expected. He is 12th in dsv% and 7th in GSAx among goalies with 50+ gp.

It’s interesting because in his .922 season 3 years ago the Flames were 3rd in xGA and put up the 5th best xGA season in the last 3 years. In his .904 season this year the Flames were 21st in xGA. He was top 10 in dsv% and GSAx both years though.

The shitty middle .892 year he was shitty, but not Murray, Campbell, Sammy shitty. Just middle of the pack, expected level shitty.
Markstrom still shouldn't be worth much in a trade.

Further proof of the worthlessness of nerd stats!

brad-treliving.jpg

Back