• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Lilly is 25, so patience isn’t the issue there.

It’s the right plan. If you get Skjei and Roy, or whatever there isn’t room to pay Lilly, but if you strike out then you keep Lilly.
Yeah at this point you either keep waiting and being patient on Liljegren or you go big game hunting and pay a Skjei. But I guess that's assuming Liljegren costs 2nd pair money to keep. If he's still cheap and/or you can get him at another show me 1 year deal for pennies, the decision is quite easy.

Elliotte Treliving on the case

View: https://x.com/TLNdc/status/1800933181878595664?t=9kWwWZW1VMVYXI067vnJbQ&s=19

Exactly what I want to hear tbh. Save the term for the top pair d that are available. Someone must be reigning Brad in because he didn't give much of a fuck about term for depth pieces in Calgary.

He probably felt the need to lock up people willing to go to Calgary.

There's no shortage of players wanting to play in Toronto, so he can be tight with term.

He is clearly not an innately risky guy from all appearances. So, less term = less risk = Bundy likey.

Reactions: BG
Yeah it's for sure interesting how much that ugly system consistently elevates tree bitch plugs that are unplayable elsewhere.

Now I don't want to use that as an excuse for Timmy. He has to be better, no questions asked. But you can't ignore it either.
You can definitely ignore when you see how good he can be at times at this age and being a rhd with literally all the tools.

Fuck them if they trade him. I loved Sandin, but I always loved Lilly more.

If trading marner I doubt you will do any better than that.
A dman who has topped out at 55 games the last two seasons (less than 55 games in 3 of the last 4 years) and who was a zero in the playoffs, and an undrafted 27 year old goalie asshole who hasn't started more than 42 games in his limited NHL experience?

That's pretty fucking bad.

Though it'd make sense since Vegas always swoops in to grab the next great player that stupidly gets made available and steals him away.

Always liked Shea Theodore. That Shea/Karlsson rumour has always made sense. Not sure if it's enough, though (same with Theodore/Thompson). But they are good players.

Regarding a Theodore/Thompson package.

I suspect you can do much better, but also much worse.

I'd need a third asset.

Also, just force out the shitty expensive captain instead.

Back