• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

y did u use gols 4 austin?

Because the narrative can never accept that John has been the distant, distant 4th performer over his time here. He's already been talking about how there's no sense to dump John now, there's only one year left, etc.

Fucking delusional.

Its hysterical watching Reilly, Matthews and Nylander talk about Marner. Reminds me of WKRP when they are interviewed about Herb Tarlek and all read from the same script "He's a loyal, hard working, all around great guy"
They've all gone to war together 8 times. It makes sense for them to all be close and want to stay together.

Trading Marner might work out if we get some incredible player in return (with Tre in charge, fat chance), but most likely it results in our losing a top 15-20 type player for shit. It would be like the Kadri deal again, where we traded from a stupid place, got two nickels for a dime, and shit ourselves for nothing.

Because the narrative can never accept that John has been the distant, distant 4th performer over his time here. He's already been talking about how there's no sense to dump John now, there's only one year left, etc.

Fucking delusional.
There is no sense in it. We have plenty of money coming off, so what, we're going to go and retain $5M in order to free up $6M and get who that will be better than Tavares? It's one year. We have the ability to add a big player without dealing him, and no guarantee whatsoever that we'd even be able to use that savings on something better than what he'd provide.

Here's all strengths

1715032030174.png

Even with his PP time, he produced at a Connor Dewaresque rate.

gtfo-arigold.gif

Point was that none of them did what we needed them to do, except Willy.

That was the point that you then tried to use to bash only one guy again, as usual.
But even you must admit that if they had to trade one guy, it's Tavares. Right?

Point was that none of them did what we needed them to do, except Willy.

That was the point that you then tried to use to bash only one guy again, as usual.

You have no point, this is the most fucked up fangirl driven bullshit argument you've ever tried to pull here.

jesus fucking christ.

But even you must admit that if they had to trade one guy, it's Tavares. Right?
If they had to, yeah. He's got just the one year left and not much gas left in the tank, as compared to Marner at 26 years old.

I wouldn't part with Marner unless it's an unquestionable rip off where we get some superstar who's younger than him, which is never happening. And I wouldn't trade Tavares' one year left for the mystery box of what Tredonkey is going to do with $11M, or with $6M or whatever else net of retention.

Sometimes I wonder what Tavares ever did to earn such unconditional love from LOF. I don't love my child as much as he fangirls over JT. If that's how easy you fall for people, you are going to make some woman (or man) feel very special one day.

Sometimes I wonder what Tavares ever did to earn such unconditional love from LOF. I don't love my child as much as he fangirls over JT. If that's how easy you fall for people, you are going to make some woman (or man) feel very special one day.
You're the only special one here with a stupid crack like that.

And Baboon outproduced Marner. Great.

Trade Marner too if there's a move that makese sense.

But one of them is a 26 yr old 90-100 point elite winger who has a spotty but overall decent production track record in the playoffs. The other is a 34 yr old boat anchor who has been fucking dreadful in the playoffs since he got here. A 26 goal, 52 point pace since he got here. We're paying him 11 million and he produces like a mediocre 2C in the playoffs.

A move that makes sense for Tavares is any move. Any move that has him in another jersey next season. I will personally rent the cannon we need to fire him into to the sun if necessary. 11 million of wasted cap space. He would be significantly more valuable to us as the entertainment director on Robidas Island than he is as an 11 million dollar boat anchor.

Back