• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Definitely more likely than not that they qualify him. If the rumors are right they're scared he'll get 3+ in arby and they are unlikely to be able to afford that if they see their plans through with Tanev, Zadorov and OEL. They are apparently scared that they'll be stuck. But those are just rumors from mirtle and that dweeb siegal. We shall see.

They've got zero interest in paying a guy that has flamed out and became unplayable in 2 playoffs in a row 3+ million. They promised change and said they'll look different next year and they sure as hell look like they aren't trading any core players. So it's guys like Liljegren that'll go.

Liljegren going to be the next Stralman isn’t he?

For the love of god at the very least move him for a pick or something. Getting zero for him would be fucked.

I’m really not liking this Tanev deal. I think the optimistic logic behind it is fine but I think there is some clear disregard for the more likely outcome that he comes here and falls off a cliff quickly. He’s going to be 35, already has had major injury problems throughout his career. Just seems like a bad gamble to pay him 4ish(Friedman) million and any term. Nevermind on a 6 or 7 year deal.

Tanev is the best defensive dman maybe in the entire NHL. If there's anyone you make this contract for at 34(.5) then it's probably him.

If the corresponding move is Zadorov to play in your top 4, something he has never done beyond a few stretches here and there, overpay OEL on your bottom pair to replace Liljegren, then I won't be happy. Unless Zadorov is guaranteed prime chara when the playoffs come around but I'm not sure it's wise to disregard his entire career in favor of his 25 or so playoff games. But that's the bull case!

Definitely more likely than not that they qualify him. If the rumors are right they're scared he'll get 3+ in arby and they are unlikely to be able to afford that if they see their plans through with Tanev, Zadorov and OEL. They are apparently scared that they'll be stuck. But those are just rumors from mirtle and that dweeb siegal. We shall see.
Isn’t the team allowed to walk if they don’t like the arbitration award? Or is that the rule in another sport?

I don't understand why it's so hard for lof to change his opinion. Or at least become less firm on them. You can be bullish on Liljegren and want to keep him while also acknowledging that he was shit in the playoffs. Both things can happen at once.

Back