• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

This strikes me as hopium.

If decapitating hockey ops is even a consideration, Pelley doesn’t have the time to sit around twiddling his thumbs for three weeks until a regularly scheduled board meeting. Not with the hugely consequential decisions they have to make this offseason.

That's what I'm saying though, I don't think fully removing all 3 senior hockey guys is an option in Pelley's position. Treliving very likely stays, especially with rumours of the President's role being removed entirely. That idiot probably gets another kick at the can to show if he can be the senior hockey guy in the organization, which is terrifying unto itself.

But Shanahan though? There's no need to rush to make that decision. His impact on hockey isn't directly in Ops, it's in hiring the people who run Ops. It's in setting org philosophy.

But even if they decided to decapitate the whole thing and do over, I don't see why end of month is a problem. Draft is already handled, you just sit back and let Wes run it, and the rest of your business doesn't pick up until free agency, which you don't even know what that looks like until the end of June. A lot of our business will be trades and that's July anyway after bonus money is paid out at the earliest. I don't see major decisions being pushed to board meeting being an impediment. Very little on the business side gets done during playoffs other than firing coaches (pending)

I also can’t imagine any circumstance where Pelley shares the podium with Shanahan & Treliving if he wants to fire either or both of them. If he was, he’d let them face the music on their own like Treliving did with Keefe.
Yup. That's where I'm at with this

I mean even if there's a miracle and Shanahan is fired, Brad Nepoliving is still their GM. How am I supposed to be optimistic or hopeful about that? And he may be making the biggest franchise altering trade in the last 30 years? Sign me up!

Because then he's blaming Rielly which is mean. This is the same coach that tells his players to have fun and smile in a game 7. He doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!

and if you don't blame Rielly, you're blaming Samsonov and they need to take that guys shoelaces away for a few weeks already without the extra heat.

Because then he's blaming Rielly which is mean. This is the same coach that tells his players to have fun and smile in a game 7. He doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings!
Marner deserves a lot of shit for the series but yeah that’s not his guy.

Keefe blamed all of them. Said something along the lines of "Pastrnak blew by the man in the NZ, then blew by the D, then we didn't get a save."

Florida's coach is protecting our guys better than our coach.
Keefe lacks awareness in several key areas

Back