• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Eh, 11 million goes fast. you have to know what's available to spend it on. What will we add? Crappy 2nd liner and #4 D?

Well now you get 3 more: for free!

I get your point, but you are banking on what we saw not being the 'Real Mitch' or something, but we've seen this story a few times now.

It really seems like he depends on the extra time and space you have in the regular season. Honestly, I think Matthews may have a similar issue, but (a) doesn't suck nearly as bad as Mitch and (b) was obviously not 100% this series.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 100247.png

Capspace: $19,405,333
Players: 15

Key RFA:

W N.Robertson (23)
D T.Liljegren (25)

Key Prospects

C F.Minten (20)
W E.Cowan (19)
W N.Grebenkin (21)
D T.Niemela (22)
D C.Webber (23)
G D.Hildeby (23)

I’ve done some playing around. Thanks to all their cheap forwards they can afford to add two $5-6 mill dmen (Skjei, Montour, Chychrun, Roy, Walker) and keep Bertuzzi or Domi.

If they dump Tavares they can keep Domi and Bertuzzi, add a big goalie contract like Saros and still have a few mill for a center.

All while being able to carry a full roster, though they should stick to 20 and accrue cap space.

thing is forwards are still the lowest need area. and ideally we'd try to jettison Kampf and Krok salaries if we wanted to add more forwards.

There's a lot of arguably #2D-level UFA out there this year. Big decision on which ones are actually top-pair quality and which get by with a little help from their friends, but getting one of those guys is the obvious priority. I'm pretty sure we'll choose poorly tho.

FQ368JC.jpeg
PUroQpY.jpeg

#NotTheShannapelleyPizzaPlan

It goes to show you who really runs the team.

Didn't Babcock fly down to Arizona because Mathew's wasn't happy about his minutes?
He wasn't happy about playing on Hyman's line or something. Forumice agreed with him. Oops.

Back