• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

UFA D by TOI

1. RHD B.Montour (30) 23:26
2. RHD D.Demelo (31) 21:43
3. LHD T.Brodie (34) 21:43
4. LHD B.Skjei (30) 21:16
5. RHD M.Roy (29) 20:53
6. RHD J.Klingberg (32) 20:33
7. RHD B.Pesce (30) 20:17
8. RHD M.Dumba (30) 19:44
9. RHD C.Tanev (35) 19:41
10. LHD S.Gostisbehere (31) 19:05
11. LHD A.Martinez (37) 19:02
12. RHD T.Myers (34) 18:56
13. RHD A.Carrier (28) 18:48

Going down the list there's a bunch of decent depth guys available too, though only one of them I think can convince people he's worth top-4 money:

24. LHD N.Zadorov (29): 17:26

I'd probably say Roy and Skjei are the prizes here, though i'm not 100% sold on it.

I'm more expecting us to be the team that overpays for a very overrated Zadorov and a very old Tanev instead.
Has Pesce fallen off? People here used to pee their pants for him.

If the cost to get him with term is 4m than I'd prefer going short term for cheap. I saw some red flags in this playoff and I'd rather pay more on confirmation that he's worth paying more for.
Chicken. And not the awesome Harvey’s kind.

Don’t forget Walker. His skate by and puck moving ability makes him one of the more attractive ones IMO.

I agree on Skjei and Roy though. Think they will be the best value and pretty good next gen Muz/Brodie.

One of the talking heads earlier on this week said to trade Marner for Pietreangelo. Vegas doesn't give a F and maybe with their early exit and their signing of hanafin changes their opinion.

I'm not saying anything... just sharing what I heard.

Marner would waive for vegas.

I think Tre is in the exact same spot as he was in calgary. Huberdeau was a bust, but Weegar is still an interesting piece.

If we could get a 2C/3C and a mobile and good defenseman for Marner... I'd take it.

So Pietro and a resigned Carrier or Marchesault plus a pick for Marner wouldn't be too bad of a haul.

We also need to figure out if our coach will play Timmins. If he won't then we need another puck mover and possibly someone for the top PP unit.

OEL, Gostbear, Karlsson (if pitt decides to move on).

One of the talking heads earlier on this week said to trade Marner for Pietreangelo. Vegas doesn't give a F and maybe with their early exit and their signing of hanafin changes their opinion.

I think Tre is in the exact same spot as he was in calgary. Huberdeau was a bust, but Weegar is still an interesting piece.

If we could get a 2C/3C and a mobile and good defenseman for Marner... I'd take it.

So Pietro and a resigned Carrier or Marchesault plus a pick for Marner wouldn't be too bad of a haul.

This is where Marner's trade value is getting stupid underrated.

Pietro is a 34yr old making $9m for the next 3yrs.

he's the contract Vegas will be looking to move in order to keep other guys.

This is where Marner's trade value is getting stupid underrated.

Pietro is a 34yr old making $9m for the next 3yrs.

he's the contract Vegas will be looking to move in order to keep other guys.
Hanifin completely supplanted him over there. In every Vegas game I watched, Pietro wasn’t even on the ice when the PP badly needed a goal or in the dying minutes of games. If they’re looking to dump him and would retain, I’d take a look at that.

FQ368JC.jpeg
PUroQpY.jpeg

#NotTheShannapelleyPizzaPlan
5 mil for Bertuzzi??? LOL

Tre had to trade Tkachuk because he wanted-out. Marner wants to stay.

Actually yeah at max term Bert at 5m will for sure age horribly. Long-term ufa contracts for guys that age and especially guys that play that style don't typically go well.

Back