• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Only if the acquiring team offers an extension. I don't see him waiving otherwise.
I don't see it happening even then.

Is Tavares at 34/35 more interested in playing for some expansion team or finishing his final year with his hometown team? I really don't think money is a motivating factor after $77M on just this contract. He'll stay. And if they want him, he probably resigns to play wing for another couple of years for something like $2M or $3M. I could see him just retiring if, after next season, his only option is to leave Toronto.

I don't see it happening even then.

Is Tavares at 34/35 more interested in playing for some expansion team or finishing his final year with his hometown team? I really don't think money is a motivating factor after $77M on just this contract. He'll stay. And if they want him, he probably resigns to play wing for another couple of years for something like $2M or $3M. I could see him just retiring if, after next season, his only option is to leave Toronto.
Then trade him to Buffalo. Close enough.

If Boston keeps this up and gives Florida a hard time I'm willing to ease up on my get rid of Marner notion. Still ne excuse to bring him back but I would at least get something for him other than cap space.

Was a bit annoyed reading Matthews' quote about Marner's play, but after watching the video he's just sticking up for his teammate. It's a bit of an awkward question to have to face.

Marner's interview is something else. Idk I think it's normal to have your pride hurt a little when your team fails to do anything yet again, especially when it's got a lot to do with how you personally played, but he seems to be doing just fine. He talks like someone who is totally oblivious to what happened and what his role was in it. 'What does playing in Toronto mean for you?' 'Well, I am worshipped like a god.' :LOL:

I get that they are probably media trained out the wazoo, which is why they all sound like robots, but the other guys at least seem a little disappointed, and they all played better than 10 mil marner.

He's sticking-up for his teammate, BUT..The "Scapegoating" stuff and the media complaints I had issue with. Just defend him. Players getting crapped on is 100% deserved.

For the people who want him extended, which will be for at least the money he is making now... why? What is the value proposition? Regular season superstar who cannot hang when the going gets tough. If the Marner from the Boston series is what you're getting, literally just getting him off the books is an improvement. Max Domi was more effective than him.

He's sticking-up for his teammate, BUT..The "Scapegoating" stuff and the media complaints I had issue with. Just defend him. Players getting crapped on is 100% deserved.
That was horseshit, yes absolutely. "There will always be people who watch the games and form opinions -- always people who expect 10 million dollars to buy you something". Talks exactly like a politician.

Back