• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

With the Avs capped out is there any interest in Ross Colton? Not sure the Avs can pay their 3c $4m. But idk if he's still good. He was useful for Tampa when he was cheap but not sure about 4m. Would probably have to trade Liljegren somewhere to fit him.

Better value than Tavares tho. Scored at the same rate as him last year 5 on 5 too.

I would take him. 3C is the only hole up front IMO. But yeah, you'd have to trade Lilly or maybe you could work it with Kampf/Krok and a smaller roster.

Now that I think about it, it would almost be the reverse Kadri trade. Leafs "couldn't" pay their 3c Kadri money so they traded him to the Avs. Now the Avs can't pay their 3c 4m so they trade him to the Leafs? Payback? Too bad Colton is way worse.

I think Colton is one of the few recent moves they've made that they're happy with. I don't see them trading him.

Elliotte mentioned teams are interested in him a while back because they recognize the Avs cap trouble. Not so much that they're shopping him tho. They should trade him to the Leafs and Holmberg can then be their nice cheap 3c!

everyone's clamoring about adding forwards and all i want to do is dump forwards (kampf, jarnkrok) and let more kids play.

If Brad's A plan was Roy instead of OEL, Kampf, Krok, then I might be in love with Brad.

Knies --- Matthews --- Robertson
Domi --- Tavares --- Marner
McMann --- Holmberg --- Nylander
Cowen --- Dewar --- Grebenkin
(Cheapos --- Minten --- Reaves)

Rielly --- Roy
McCabe --- Tanev
Benoit --- Liljegren
(Hakanpaa)

Woll
Stolarz

I woulda been stokeed.

Calgary is screwed for picks. We own their first next year. They need prospects. No reason the Leafs couldn't put together a proposal. Tre destroyed their farm

Calgary is screwed for picks. We own their first next year. They need prospects. No reason the Leafs couldn't put together a proposal. Tre destroyed their farm
flames.PNG
aren't they just missing a 1st and a 4th and have extra picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3? how's this destroyed?

Image not loading for me. I'll go look again but I looked before the draft and it wasn't great.

Back