• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Next up, find the bestest pro scouts
It does make some sense for the richest organization in the sport to spend what’s necessary to hire the best people. Alternatively, they could hire whoever and let them spend all the money on people they knew from Sault Ste Marie or Bracebridge or Moose Jaw or whatever.

Thing is Keefe knew boosh sucked on the pk. He didn't even use him on the pk jn his first stint.

View attachment 21261

Hey geezers, we signed Cujo 26 years ago (yesterday).

Man, this brings back so many memories….can remember exactly where I was when I heard the news, and how floored I was that we’d signed him.

That STL playoff run lived in such infamy in my mind, with how utterly unbeatable he seemed….but at the same time I couldn’t fathom how we could possibly be doing Potvin so dirty.

It wasn’t the Clark-Sundin obviously, or landing Gilmour….but it might be #3 on my list of mind blowing Leafs moves from childhood.

Blues traded/lost so many great players in the 90's. They looked in 91' on their way to a cup.
Ron Caron was like MIllbury.

Except that....the leafs beat him (and were no offensive powerhouse).

Such was the benefit of being 13….Cujo having those back to back shutouts over Chicago (47 saves and 37 saves) and a .957 sv% in the series, and then in game one having his 61 save performance against us, until Gilmour scored maybe the most iconic goal of my childhood. (life?)

So I’d say 98% of my memories of his dominance that run come from that 4 game sequence between games 2 of round one, and game one against us.

At 13, that’s all that’s required for a memory like that to embed itself for 26 years..as hard evidence he was god incarnate between the pipes.

Back