• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

The conundrum of the so-called "insider". They find out about stuff which the fans would want to know but if they actually spill the beans they get cut off from their sources and are no longer on the inside anymore. Their access depends on their silence, which makes them pretty much useless to us fans. I say this about all these guys, Friedman, Dreger, all of them. If you know something tell us, otherwise fuck off. Stop trying to make a career out of being cryptic because we're all too old to be playing "I've got a secret".

#leafsareactuallygood

There’s something poetic about the guy who’s possibly the biggest game 7 failure in NHL history as a coach riding to the defense of the team that’s probably the biggest game 7 chokers in modern NHL history.

I'm getting a bad feeling that the silence, the pushed back managers media day, Keefe's extension and the NMC contracts all mean they're going to focus on rolling it back one more time. And when next year is the same result, only then real changes will happen with JT and Marner coming off the books to free up $22M and Keefe finally gone with only one year on his deal.

God I hope I'm wrong and this is just the whiskey talking, but the "there's always next year" narrative is supposed to bring hope of a Cup, not hope of much needed change.

In his 3 full years in Minnesota they were 11th in xGF. He also played a lot of kids Boldy, Faber, Dewar etc.

But that’s just kind of meh.

If it’s Shanny calling the shots still it’s going to be Berube. That’s the one name floating out there and we saw this movie last summer. Loose lips from MLSE since Dubas was fired.

They’re going to run it back. One more kick at the can for everyone. Then complete retool once the Tavares and Marner deals are up.

I think it's very very clear and fairly obvious that Keefe is gone. But as we know the problems run way deeper than that so I'll take little pleasure in his firing. If Treliving is gonna be the one in charge of trading Marner/Tavares and building a new d corps, I have zero optimism. Fucking zero.
No point in replacing Keefe with someone worse if this is the vision of the organization. I mean you went from Dubas to Treliving. I'm not really a fan of Dubas but Treliving? Spaghetti to the wall time.

Back