• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Keefe was a big source IMO.

He Got destroyed every year in the playoffs by the opposing coach. Never had an answer.
There's symbiosis there with always having the second best goalie too.

I really hope I don't have to say we'll be back here next summer again in terms of goalies. That seriously needs addressed.

Agreed although I do think he also exasperated a lot of the problems.
I agree that he exacerbated a whole bunch of problems. But I also don't think firing him will necessarily solve any of them, since he was just fulfilling the organizational vision, which has not changed.

There's symbiosis there with always having the second best goalie too.

I really hope I don't have to say we'll be back here next summer again in terms of goalies. That seriously needs addressed.

Meh. Goalie has nothing to do with PP that can’t score, or not being able to find an answer to the oppositions D zone structure.

Scoring more would actually help the goalie situation and Keefe could never find answers for what the opposition threw at him.

Berube will not coach the pp on the Leafs. But.. he was the flyers pp coach way back. It was a bit of a joke at the time, many made fun of it because he's some ex goon turned pp coach..but the flyers pp had been consistently good the entire time because Giroux was a pp god. So hard to judge much there when you have one of the best powerplay players in this generation. Leafs don't really have that dual threat on the pp to run things through.

You can't fire the GM after one year! No other gm would ever want that job again!!! ¡¡¡¡!!

Meh. Goalie has nothing to do with PP that can’t score, or not being able to find an answer to the oppositions D zone structure.

Scoring more would actually help the goalie situation and Keefe could never find answers for what the opposition threw at him.
What good is scoring on the PP when your goalie gives it right back within 5 minutes? Not being difficult here but I watched the series and I don't think you guys should have lost. But you did. Keefe and Samsonov the prime suspects to finger at.

What good is scoring on the PP when your goalie gives it right back within 5 minutes? Not being difficult here but I watched the series and I don't think you guys should have lost. But you did. Keefe and Samsonov the prime suspects to finger at.
Both can be an issue.

Berube will not coach the pp on the Leafs. But.. he was the flyers pp coach way back. It was a bit of a joke at the time, many made fun of it because he's some ex goon turned pp coach..but the flyers pp had been consistently good the entire time because Giroux was a pp god. So hard to judge much there when you have one of the best powerplay players in this generation. Leafs don't really have that dual threat on the pp to run things through.
I mean, we should with the talent we have

Back