• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

So... Did they... Did they not fire Guy Boucher?

Your friendly reminder that Shanahan had all but hired Boucher as Leaf head coach and was touring the Leafs’ facilities with him when Babcock gave him a call and unexpectedly accepted his offer to coach the Leafs.

So there’s a non-zero chance Boucher is our next head coach assuming Shanahan’s still at the helm here.

Same guys apparently didn't have the same annual breakdown under Babcock though...I don't know how wild of an opinion it is tbh.
This entire board was begging for Jim Hiller to be fired. I was the only one to defend him at the time. If there was anyone that could fix the pp it would be him.

Your friendly reminder that Shanahan had all but hired Boucher as Leaf head coach and was touring the Leafs’ facilities with him when Babcock gave him a call and unexpectedly accepted his offer to coach the Leafs.

So there’s a non-zero chance Boucher is our next head coach assuming Shanahan’s still at the helm here.
lol. we’re hilariously incompetent again

Berube was all but hired by NJ already. I think he was waiting to see if Toronto had a vacancy since he's been wanting to coach here. It's his job imo and it sounds like it'll happen fast.

every time the leafs have been rumoured to be after someone lately it comes true so I’m guessing berube is our guy.
So on July 1, when all the mediots tie you to a FA D, that's Tre's guy.

I still feel like he finds a way to right the trade deadline in his mind, and signs Zadorov and Tanev.

And it says a lot about the direction the organization is taking. Woodcroft would have been a relief and leave some potential for them to shift back to a more progressive approach.

But at least this is far better than McLellan.

If Joseph Woll starts game 1 the Leafs probably win the Boston series.

If the Leafs had a coach who could figure out that they should have started Woll in Game 1, the Leafs probably win the Boston series.

That's before even getting into the many, many examples of shitty coaching decisions this year.

New coach and Woll-Plus-Somebody-Who-Can-Make-a-Save just by itself is a huge move forward.

Another interesting name is Mitch Love who was Tre’s Keefe in Calgary and an assistant in Washington last year. Think he was AHL coach of the year.

also has never lost in the first round as a head coach. Which is my only criteria.

And it says a lot about the direction the organization is taking. Woodcroft would have been a relief and leave some potential for them to shift back to a more progressive approach.

But at least this is far better than McLellan.
Silver linings i guess.

Back