• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Another interesting name is Mitch Love who was Tre’s Keefe in Calgary and an assistant in Washington last year. Think he was AHL coach of the year.

also has never lost in the first round as a head coach. Which is my only criteria.
There is zero chance they are hiring a coach with no experience.

Keefe had no experience, the next coach you hire after no experience is, experience.

no experience, experience, experience, no experience, experience, no experience....and so on and so forth

I mean we're back in the Burke era of hoping they accidentally land on a good decision or make a decision that is slightly better than the worst case. So either we take pleasure in these things or we stop being a fan because it will only cause rage.
I think i need to introduce yout angrabating and later crasterbating.

Something that might benefit us re: Berube is that Toronto must have a reputation as a coach killing city by now. Our last 2 took the jobs out of desperation (Keefe had no other avenues to a NHL job, ever) and hubris (Babcock's a pretty classic narcissist). Randy had to go back to Anaheim because no one else would hire him and we ended Ron Wilson's career.

Someone has to want to stand in the middle of this shit cyclone, and not everyone is cut out for it. Fuck, in the modern media age no one might be cut out for it.

This entire board was begging for Jim Hiller to be fired. I was the only one to defend him at the time. If there was anyone that could fix the pp it would be him.

Eh...are you sure? It's not like his arrival on the Islanders had a positive impact on their PP and then LA's was pretty fucking mediocre this year.

There is a world where Mitch Marner is a well adjusted human being, charming, and one of the 5 best players in the league.

Mike Babcock probably destroyed that ( and also Paul Marner)
I keep hearing veiled references to Paul Marner (who, I assume, must be Mitchell's dad?) What's the deal with him?

Eh...are you sure? It's not like his arrival on the Islanders had a positive impact on their PP and then LA's was pretty fucking mediocre this year.
Oh so it's not coaching now? I mean I agree that it's a little of column A and B. It's wild to go all in on one single factor here I think.

Or maybe he's mediocre and you overrated him?
Maybe! But my point is that elite pp players can make a mediocre or even bad pp coach look good. And shit players can make an elite pp coach look bad. There is no other scenario in hockey that is more talent dependant than a powerplay.

But Hiller did revolutionize the way powerplays were structured with the wings way back. Of course that doesn't mean he's the best at it. But he's a solid mind.

They should put together a staff of the biggest sack of shit ex leaf system coaches

HC Quenneville

Assistants Crawford and Babcock.

Another point for Woodcroft, he’s literally never lost in the first round in 5 years as a head coach in the AHl/NHL.
giphy.gif

Back