• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

And now they're likely going to hire a coach that values similar levels of gudpro. Now will he rely on them more or less than Sheldon? Not sure.
This is the big worry. TreStupide is sticking around, and the only consolation I have there is that it probably means they'll do what I prefer, which is to resign Marner and let Tavares play out the final year, and make dramatic improvements around the rest of the roster by simply plugging in kids to replace vets. At least the idiot GM seemed to like Knies, Holmberg, Robertson, Lilly, and McMann (arguably) to keep them on the roster. That has to mean he's at least partial to working in the youth.

My hope is just that his decision to bring in or leave in guys like Kampf, Reaves, Gregor, Baboon and the rest were more Keefe's doing, which would track since Dubas brought in the same guys for him.

This is the big worry. TreStupide is sticking around, and the only consolation I have there is that it probably means they'll do what I prefer, which is to resign Marner and let Tavares play out the final year, and make dramatic improvements around the rest of the roster by simply plugging in kids to replace vets. At least the idiot GM seemed to like Knies, Holmberg, Robertson, Lilly, and McMann (arguably) to keep them on the roster. That has to mean he's at least partial to working in the youth.

My hope is just that his decision to bring in or leave in guys like Kampf, Reaves, Gregor, Baboon and the rest were more Keefe's doing, which would track since Dubas brought in the same guys for him.
These words in bold are doing a lot of heavy lifting. Hope is not a plan. Only the Shanaplan is a plan.

I was picking up gym equipment earlier today and the guy I was dealing with suggested floating marner out and we’d get Barzal in return. Seemed unfazed that there’s a zero chance of that. Then he said we could sign Stammer to play with JT. 🙈😆

I would wait until playoffs are over and see if any of the surviving coaches get fired. There's some good ones there that might be let go.

Shanahan's doing more likely. I don't think 2 GMs in a row would essentially let the coach be the general manager. It's an organizational philosophy.

Shanahan's doing more likely
I can't really buy that Shanahan was micromanaging to the point where he was dictating to two GMs to bring in the same set of plugs for Keefe.

That sort of thing has to start from bottom up, with Keefe telling the GMs he NEEDS those guys to succeed, and them going along with it.

Basically felt to me during the Keefe tenure that, with a few exceptions where they were on the same page (like Knies), the GM would make the choices in the top six and first few dmen, and Keefe would get to fill in the bottom six and bottom dmen. But then of course, Keefe would play the bottom guys like they were top guys, which was the main issue.

I was picking up gym equipment earlier today and the guy I was dealing with suggested floating marner out and we’d get Barzal in return. Seemed unfazed that there’s a zero chance of that. Then he said we could sign Stammer to play with JT. 🙈😆

At first glance I actually wouldn't hate that as the base of a deal if there was a defender (Pelech or Pulock) coming with him

I can't really buy that Shanahan was micromanaging to the point where he was dictating to two GMs to bring in the same set of plugs for Keefe.

That sort of thing has to start from bottom up, with Keefe telling the GMs he NEEDS those guys to succeed, and them going along with it.

Basically felt to me during the Keefe tenure that, with a few exceptions where they were on the same page (like Knies), the GM would make the choices in the top six and first few dmen, and Keefe would get to fill in the bottom six and bottom dmen. But then of course, Keefe would play the bottom guys like they were top guys, which was the main issue.
So you buy that they let the coach be the gm since Kyle was in charge over a president dictating the organizational philosophy? I mean I guess it's possible but I think one is far more likely than the other

I think we can safely say that we are going to swing heavy on at least one "name" dman and probably two.

There's many good options, many mediocre ones, and many bad ones.

So much depends on making the right decision(s) here. It pretty much determines the rest of the Matthews window.

So you buy that they let the coach be the gm since Kyle was in charge over a president dictating the organizational philosophy?

I definitely buy that the coach asks for a certain type of player and the GM trusts the coach to know his job and do his job.

GM - Y we struggle doing the thing?
Coach - I need a guy to do the thing this way
GM - U sher?
Coach - Yeah, super sher
GM - mkay, I get d guy

Back