• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

yes, the coach of the team dictates how the GM and president do their jobs.

again, even if we accept that theory, it's just as clownshoes as the alternative. almost as literal an example of the 'tail wagging the dog' as you'll find.

You guys are making way too much of the idea of a coach having significant input on how the fringes of his roster is built. That's not the coach being a secret GM, or dictating anything. Just that he's supposed to be a trusted expert within the organization on tactics, how to win hockey games, etc. Asking him what type of players he's looking for to fill certain types of role player roles and then giving him those types of players isn't weird at all.

You guys are making way too much of the idea of a coach having significant input on how the fringes of his roster is built. That's not the coach being a secret GM, or dictating anything. Just that he's supposed to be a trusted expert within the organization on tactics, how to win hockey games, etc. Asking him what type of players he's looking for to fill certain types of role player roles and then giving him those types of players isn't weird at all.
But it's a GMs job to build the team. If the types of players aren't the players that he believes will improve the team then wtf is he there for? I want them to hire a gm that puts an end to this nonsense. If the coach thinks they can win a cup with Boosh Eddy and Benoit in their top 6 then fire him. Or take away his toys entirely.

If Keefe's wishlist was having 3 horse shit d who can't move the puck then as a gm it's your job to be fucking alarmed. Not acquire them.

I just can’t stand that people think the reason the Leafs lost again is because they weren’t tough enough and didn’t play playoff hockey. Are you fucked? Did you not see that beautiful low scoring “playoff” hockey the last 3 years? Shut your stupid, dumb fuck mouths.

But it's a GMs job to build the team.

Yup, for better or worse though Pizza Boy's first big spend on defence was at least an attempt to add right handed puck moving and offence.

If the coach thinks they can win a cup with Boosh Eddy and Benoit in their top 6 then fire him.

I mean, they just did.

Treliving doesn't have the marbles to make a snap mid season firing when the team is going "meh, well enough". He's following the book on how to extend his tenure as long as possible.

None of this is an endorsement of Treliving. He was literally on my list of 3 "gtfo" GM options, and was when I tipped to "Shanahan can fuck off too". But you guys are galaxy braining the plug defenceman shit too hard. Pre dubas we didn't prioritize pluggy mcfuckface defenders. Dubas didn't prioritize them for the most part (his main adds were Muzzin, Brodie, McCabe) and Pizza Boys biggest blueline move was Klingberg, lol. There were opportunities for all 3 GM regimes to give big, stupid, long term contracts to plug defenders and they didn't. It was always on the margins.

The coach we just fired though, was the one who decided that the guy getting 15 minutes a night in Buffalo last year was good enough for 17 minutes on an alleged contender, and that Edmunson wasn't the 16 minute guy he was on shitty Washington, but an 18 minute guy here. We've seen what Keefe does when you give him a skill player he doesn't want to play. Ask Robbie, Lilly, Sandin, Timmins. But has he met a plug he wasn't willing to play more than any other team would?

Sid just burned every Leafs fan in the last 2 minutes of this clip. He says don't expect a big shake-up because the Leafs know they don't have to actually do anything in order to keep the money rolling in. If the Bruins flop in the playoffs, there are consequences but in Toronto, it's all good because no matter how angry fans get, they never stop throwing money at the team. So true.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzTv_d5ls6g

the only thing more useless then a wehave or jonas thought is a sid seixero one. get the fuck out of here with that. the amount of money mlse would make off a leafs cup is astronomical

Gallant is a name I’ve been interested in previously, I’d be okay with that.

But....short shelf life!!!

Every coach should have a short shelf life. Letting Sheldon make it through 5 playoff losses without a single cup finals appearance is equal parts aggravating, embarrassing, & troubling. Way too cool with failure as an organization.

I’m good with Berube, or Woodcroft.

They may need some Gallant but he usually precedes success. He’s a good coach though.

Here's my trade call.

Leafs will trade Marner to Nashville for Saros and a resigned carrier or a forward like sisson or something.

Saros is not the answer but he will be a true tandem with Woll and won't be burnt out. The cap space will be used to maybe sign carrier if not in the deal, but money will be spent on Tanev and Zadorov.

What did Zadorov do last night?. Score two goals?

So many of us shit talked the D this year but we need some size that can skate and a smart puck moving d.

Here's my trade call.

Leafs will trade Marner to Nashville for Saros and a resigned carrier or a forward like sisson or something.

Saros is not the answer but he will be a true tandem with Woll and won't be burnt out. The cap space will be used to maybe sign carrier if not in the deal, but money will be spent on Tanev and Zadorov.

What did Zadorov do last night?. Score two goals?

So many of us shit talked the D this year but we need some size that can skate and a smart puck moving d.
1715290936857.gif

I dig Saros.

But 29 yr old midget goalie going into the last year of his deal as the centrepiece for Mitch?

2r8YA.gif

Back