• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Core 4 No More: The Motherfucking Off-Season Thread

Marner being a known bitch and his value tanked by being hated in Toronto offsets that

Making way too much of "hated in Toronto" like that fucking matters to GM's in other markets.

If Marner uses his NMC, picks one place he'll go and says "I want to go there but I'm not signing an extension, I'm testing free agency". We get that Eichel type of deal. If Mitch just wants to use his NMC to direct himself towards the type of market he's willing to play in and lets the team make the best deal they can get from a handful of suitors bidding against each other and he's happy to sign an extension with wherever he goes, we're getting paid.

Still think this is all a waste of thought and time.

They're not trading Marner now. I'm not even sure they'd allow Tre to do it if he tried. They also can't let him walk to free agency.

Expect to see him resigned. If they trade him, it'll be with the extension in place next year. I doubt too many teams want to have to deal with his $13M demand after he inevitably has an amazing regular season in his contract year. Including us. So they need to sign him now at Willy's number or even less if at all possible. That makes a trade later actually feasible.

Core 4 is coming back this year. They just need to rework the players around them. Tre will repeat his short term UFA thing soon, or just resign Bertuzzi and Domi, and run it back. This is not a GM with any form of creativity in him whatsoever. I don't know what the fuck they're paying this guy for. A monkey could do what he's done so far.

Still think this is all a waste of thought and time.

They're not trading Marner now. I'm not even sure they'd allow Tre to do it if he tried. They also can't let him walk to free agency.

Expect to see him resigned. If they trade him, it'll be with the extension in place next year. I doubt too many teams want to have to deal with his $13M demand after he inevitably has an amazing regular season in his contract year. Including us. So they need to sign him now at Willy's number or even less if at all possible. That makes a trade later actually feasible.

Core 4 is coming back this year. They just need to rework the players around them. Tre will repeat his short term UFA thing soon, or just resign Bertuzzi and Domi, and run it back. This is not a GM with any form of creativity in him whatsoever. I don't know what the fuck they're paying this guy for. A monkey could do what he's done so far.
You might be the only person who follows the team advocating the core 4 coming back, and you are so damn certain.

But you also think Keefe was the biggest problem, and Tavares at 11M is not a problem, so i dunno

the only thing more useless then a wehave or jonas thought is a sid seixero one. get the fuck out of here with that. the amount of money mlse would make off a leafs cup is astronomical
A win wouldn't sell one extra ticket that they aren't already selling. They could ice the Marlies for 41 home games and Scotiabank would still be sold out.

Teams tend not to win and not try that hard to win when there are no consequences to pay for losing. Marner said it. The players are treated like gods. He may say he wants to be the next Kawai, but the reality is that he already is. In fact, he's bigger than Kawai. And unlike Kawai, he didn't have to actually win anything to achieve that status.

If the last 8 years have proven anything it's this: rewarding success doesn't motivate nearly as well as punishing failure does. You can't tempt someone who already has everything to work their ass off for just a little bit more. But you can convince them to work hard if you threaten to take stuff away from them.

You want to know why Canadian teams don't win Cups? Because nothing bad happens to them.when they don't win and they know in advance nothing bad is going to happen. Sid said as much in the clip. The Leafs will make a few tweaks but in the end they are going to run it back because it's the path of least resistance and it won't adversely affect their bottom line.

Keefe was hands down the biggest problem. The talent was there, but he lobbied for shit to replace it with, and refused to play the talent routinely, as he did again with horrific results in game 7.

I don't think it's likely to win a Marner trade, and I don't think it's even possible for Tre to be the one to do it. We'd just lose the talent for some shit similar to the Kadri deal and then watch Marner win a cup the next year.

And I don't think it makes sense to ditch Tavares in the final year of his deal. He's not worth the money anymore, but he's not a liability and can still score 30. There's plenty of room around him to rework and build up, so that's what they should do. Then they'll be forced into change in a year no matter what happens.

Keefe was hands down the biggest problem. The talent was there, but he lobbied for shit to replace it with, and refused to play the talent routinely, as he did again with horrific results in game 7.

I don't think it's likely to win a Marner trade, and I don't think it's even possible for Tre to be the one to do it. We'd just lose the talent for some shit similar to the Kadri deal and then watch Marner win a cup the next year.

And I don't think it makes sense to ditch Tavares in the final year of his deal. He's not worth the money anymore, but he's not a liability and can still score 30. There's plenty of room around him to rework and build up, so that's what they should do. Then they'll be forced into change in a year no matter what happens.
He's maybe worth 3.5M on the open market

Who came on your corn pops this morning? Just being so unnecessarily mean

It's necessary

r86tqyuyisa61.jpg

He did all of those to himself by choice, while being a millionaire.

• Haha
Reactions: CH1
Back