• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #5 - Tues. Apr. 30 7PM - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins - So You're Saying There's a Chance Team Zen Edition

Do you expect the doctors to describe what his shit looks like or something? A team doctor pulled him from a playoff game. The only alternative (and it's what you continually seem to suggest) is that he what...quit?
He was getting hit too much and his millennial kicked in or something..

this is the worst god damn timeline.

Did you then parlay that rage into a short lived but successful and wacky golf career with the help of Carl Weathers?
I can't call my love affair with golf "successful" I worked hard at it. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be a scratch golfer at 5' 7" and 135lbs?? In my prime my best driving average would be about 280 yds...about 50yds behind your avg PGA pro. Probably my only regret in life was that I wasn't about 6' 4" and 240. Could have done anything sports wise then (well except maybe a distance runner and a jockey) :)

I can't call my love affair with golf "successful" I worked hard at it. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be a scratch golfer at 5' 7" and 135lbs?? In my prime my best driving average would be about 280 yds...about 50yds behind your avg PGA pro. Probably my only regret in life was that I wasn't about 6' 4" and 240. Could have done anything sports wise then (well except maybe a distance runner and a jockey) :)
Cool i guess.

Do you expect the doctors to describe what his shit looks like or something? A team doctor pulled him from a playoff game. The only alternative (and it's what you continually seem to suggest) is that he what...quit?
Here try these words: "Mathews is suffering from a physical injury not a biological one"

oh fuck, 100% true my entire life in dealing with your fake tough generation. Emotionally stunted, damaged softies, the vast majority of you. Covered it up with booze and bravado.
Dial it back Mindzeye, I don't drink much at all and I am quite humble.

Here try these words: "Mathews is suffering from a physical injury not a biological one"

Why would I try those when everything from the organization has directly stated differently?

Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe explained that an illness Matthews has been battling led to the team doctor removing him from the game.

"It's all just it's all related to the illness he's been dealing with, Keefe said. Ultimately, he's been giving us everything that he has here. Ultimately, the doctor pulled him."

You've already decided that he's soft and you're just looking to insert your bias into reality.

Dial it back Mindzeye, I don't drink much at all and I am quite humble.

You're mad that you're 5'7 and not 6'4. It's why you "didn't make it" or whatever.

You don't want to admit that these cats are built different than us normals who struggle to become scratch golfers and do normally impressive shit like that, finish a marathon, etc. You want to believe that you're tougher mentally than they are and they were just born lucky. You need them to be weaker than you in some intrinsic way.

That's not it mate. You don't have a frame of reference to understand them. Full stop.

Why would I try those when everything from the organization has directly stated differently?

You've already decided that he's soft and you're just looking to insert your bias into reality.
No, I never said he was soft. I do admire his skill, he's an elite player no doubt. Do I wish he was more physical like McDavid/Crosby or McKinnon...sure, but its not in his makeup. He's a great player anyways.

Do you honestly believe anything that leaves Keefe's lips?

No, I never said he was soft. I do admire his skill, he's an elite player no doubt. Do I wish he was more physical like McDavid/Crosby or McKinnon...sure, but its not in his makeup. He's a great player anyways.

uhh... do you actually think McD and MacK are more physical than Matty?

and are you willing to entertain any statistical measures that show that this is untrue?

MacKinnon is psychotic in ways Matty isn't, for sure. but I would not describe his play at all as "more physical". same for McD, who is even softer than Matty.

Ah so injury too. Probably only injury at this point. Skates like it's an ankle or knee thing. He's done.

You're mad that you're 5'7 and not 6'4. It's why you "didn't make it" or whatever.

You don't want to admit that these cats are built different than us normals who struggle to become scratch golfers and do normally impressive shit like that, finish a marathon, etc. You want to believe that you're tougher mentally than they are and they were just born lucky. You need them to be weaker than you in some intrinsic way.

That's not it mate. You don't have a frame of reference to understand them. Full stop.
Mad? LOL. We all are given gifts no matter what our genetic makeup gives us. I've had a pretty good life all things considered. Athletically, I have been blessed.

Again, you are putting these guys on a pedestal. Something you shouldn't be doing. Akin to idol worship.

No, I never said he was soft.

You're inferring it constantly.

Do I wish he was more physical like McDavid/Crosby or McKinnon...sure, but its not in his makeup. He's a great player anyways.

Hits:

McDavid: 118
Crosby: 102
Matthews: 90
Mackinnon: 55

This is all bias and nonsense man.

There's a certain minimum in health disclosure required by the NHL's agreement with the gambling sponsors. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not lying about shit that would get him fined by the NHL when he could just as easily call it an injury.

Back