• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Chris Boucher's a smart guy. Listened to him a bunch of times on RDS podcasts when he used to do segments.

You mean analyzing the team? What about analyzing players?
For me individual stats are heavily skewed or difficult to analyze unless your the black sheep in one category

Criticizing an individual on a shit team like the Habs proves what , the majority will have bad numbers

I prefer team PDO , Corsi , etc... where you can make a better analysis

Is it sustainable , league average , special teams , etc...

Individual stats when you have so many moving parts from game to game is not as important for me

Too many variables inserting player X from one roster to the next and expecting to draw a conclusion

For me individual stats are heavily skewed or difficult to analyze unless your the black sheep in one category

Criticizing an individual on a shit team like the Habs proves what , the majority will have bad numbers

I prefer team PDO , Corsi , etc... where you can make a better analysis

Is it sustainable , league average , special teams , etc...

Individual stats when you have so many moving parts from game to game is not as important for me

Too many variables inserting player X from one roster to the next and expecting to draw a conclusion

Well but that's the challenge isn't it? Analyzing teams have a purpose but you also need to be able to evaluate individual players and project how they would perform in a different environment. You need to evaluate the players against the players on his team, taking into account his responsibilities, then try to answer the questions, can he perform at the level on my team? Can he perform in a different role? Both?

Well but that's the challenge isn't it? Analyzing teams have a purpose but you also need to be able to evaluate individual players and project how they would perform in a different environment. You need to evaluate the players against the players on his team, taking into account his responsibilities, then try to answer the questions, can he perform at the level on my team? Can he perform in a different role? Both?

Good post , but it starts with evaluating your team first before you make a move

Understand what you are ....contender , cap hell , dreaded middle etc....and act accordingly

Lets take a role player like Lek , who is an analytical darling

He slots perfectly in Colorado as a PK , defending leads , and can play anywhere in your top 9

He projects as a player who can make a difference on the right stacked team

Buffalo overpaying Okposo for example is futile on a too flawed roster going nowhere where he doesnt move a needle , even if his stats were good elsewhere .

Good post , but it starts with evaluating your team first before you make a move

Understand what you are ....contender , cap hell , dreaded middle etc....and act accordingly

He slots perfectly in Colorado as a PK , defending leads , and can play anywhere in your top 9

Buffalo overpaying Okposo for example is futile on a too flawed roster going nowhere where he doesnt move a needle , even if his stats were good elsewhere .
Which is precisely why I don't give a shit that we let Danault walk. I couldn't care less about what he's doing for the Kings. He isn't worth what he's being paid if he's still a Hab.

For sure, you need to know your team, strengths and weaknesses, where your team is, where it is going, and what it needs and being able to project where your own players will be and who in the league fits your needs.

It's not that far to Montreal and MSL will be traveling and working long hours anyway. Means nothing.

Price is a finalist for the Masterton Trophy. What a friggin' joke.

He becomes a junkie, sits out nearly the entire season, comes back to play like shit for 5 games and then reveals that he's still injured and will probably never be able to play enough games to justify his salary going forward.

I wouldn't award him the trophy, I'd hit him over the head with it and tell him to retire and stop being a junkie.

He becomes a junkie, sits out nearly the entire season, comes back to play like shit for 5 games and then reveals that he's still injured and will probably never be able to play enough games to justify his salary going forward.

I wouldn't award him the trophy, I'd hit him over the head with it and tell him to retire and stop being a junkie.
no judgement in that statement!!

Holy fuck. Just wow.

Mental health issues are very very real. In fact you should look into that.

Back