• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

If people didn't have expectations there'd be no reason to bother asking for an interview. Considering how unilluminating they usually are, I dont know why they bother. I rarely listen to these types of interviews because I know in advance that I'm not going to know anything after that I didn't know before. The GM's job is to talk while saying nothing. You aren't going to get any useful information out of a GM unless they don't know how to do their job.
Hughes mentions his hardest aspect of job so far has been to say just enough without revealing too much during French interviews - as his language skills were in good use when he recruited & managed Vinny, Bergeron, Letang, Beauvillier etc., but after a few years in the US all of them preferred to speak in English and he was caught off guard but had to oblige! 😅

Hughes mentions his hardest aspect of job so far has been to say just enough without revealing too much during French interviews - as his language skills were in good use when he recruited & managed Vinny, Bergeron, Letang, Beauvillier etc., but after a few years in the US all of them preferred to speak in English and he was caught off guard but had to oblige! 😅

The easiest part pf his job is to tell the french media to bugger off and let me do my job

The easiest part pf his job is to tell the french media to bugger off and let me do my job
You joke but it's actually true. the Reggie Tremblay's of the world already hate him just because he's an anglo so nothing he does one way or the other is going to change that or make it worse. So he should just tell them to go fuck themselves.

Even MSL needs help coming up with the French word sometimes. He's basically an anglo now. And we know that Vinny did everything in his power to prevent being traded to the Habs when he was a player so he clearly doesn't give a shit about speaking French either.

You joke but it's actually true. the Reggie Tremblay's of the world already hate him just because he's an anglo so nothing he does one way or the other is going to change that or make it worse. So he should just tell them to go fuck themselves.

Step one was completed ......team hired a Bawston executive to run the show with an anglo as his sidekick

Nobody expected this so politely telling the media to bugger off is step 2

Language is very important but the barrier walls have started to break

Step one was completed ......team hired a Bawston executive to run the show with an anglo as his sidekick

Nobody expected this so politely telling the media to bugger off is step 2

Language is very important but the barrier walls have started to break
Sometimes I think that the Habs could win the Cup and the hardliners like Tremblay still wouldn't be happy because it didn't happen en francais.

Sometimes I think that the Habs could win the Cup and the hardliners like Tremblay still wouldn't be happy because it didn't happen en francais.
Reggie is actually fine w Hughes’ hiring - in fact he said Hughes being an Anglo is a nonissue, he just needs time to get his French back after being away from Quebec for so long, then took a shot at the org “that’s if the Habs actually allow him to speak the language on the 7th floor”

Reggie is actually fine w Hughes’ hiring - in fact he said Hughes being an Anglo is a nonissue, he just needs time to get his French back after being away from Quebec for so long, then took a shot at the org “that’s if the Habs actually allow him to speak the language on the 7th floor”
Well he won't be speaking it with Gorton, Molson, Lecav, or MSL so...

I'm sure it was merely a lucky accident on Bergy's part. He probably wanted a different player and had to settle for Petry, just like the Suzuki deal that fell into his lap when Cody Glass wasn't available.
Petry was the very rare late bloomer D , Nero went for a double and got a home run

Now capitalize like team did with Patches

Nick was part of the deal or no deal

Petry was the very rare late bloomer D , Nero went for a double and got a home run

Now capitalize like team did with Patches

Nick was part of the deal or no deal
Petry was simply miscast in Edm on 1st pair, playing behind Weber helped him grow big time

Chara & Mark Giordano for starters

BTW - Petry was a 1st pairing Dman playing 1st pair TOI w Oilers, not some 7Dman eating hot dogs in the stands.

Coming to Habs simply provided him right situation..
First pair by default , he put up 17 points in his best season

Back