• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

I think a better philosophy would be to not play offensive talented players on the 4th line when you call them up.

Hopefully new management and coaching staff do things differently from the past 3 decades....took a while to play Caufield-Romanov in the playoffs....I think MSL will do things differently

I think a better philosophy would be to not play offensive talented players on the 4th line when you call them up.

Hopefully new management and coaching staff do things differently from the past 3 decades....took a while to play Caufield-Romanov in the playoffs....I think MSL will do things differently
They should just adopt a simple philosophy going forward: think about whatever they as a franchise used to do when Bergevin and Timmins were in charge and then do the exact opposite of that.

If they just....just........just start by doing a better job at developing talent, maybe we wouldn't need to waste UFA money or draft picks to acquire depth dmen or forwards. You should be able to at least develop some 4th liners from your system....why do we need to sign Paquette, Perreault players.....or Wideman type dmen ?

You should have plenty of those in your AHL system....

That to me, is the perfect example of how previous management failed at their most important task: development of talent

If they just....just........just start by doing a better job at developing talent, maybe we wouldn't need to waste UFA money or draft picks to acquire depth dmen or forwards. You should be able to at least develop some 4th liners from your system....why do we need to sign Paquette, Perreault players.....or Wideman type dmen ?

That to me, is the perfect example of how previous management failed at their most important task: development of talent

Bingo , its a joke how they have no depth players ready to play

They are the cheap fillers to offset your higher cap players

The thing is you only need 3-4 good drafts to build your key players , sprinkle in some support pieces and your set

Same with defensemen; a team should be able to develop Chairot / Savard / Edmundson / Alzner types rather than overpay for them in FA

Speaking of MSL, we just played against him and Mason’s team in Nashville. They beat us 9-8 in a shootout. It was weird to play against an NHL coach - he was coaching his MFF team.

Reactions: CH1

Il semble qu’il y a toujours espoir de voir le contrat de Shea Weber passer aux Coyotes de l’Arizona. Son salaire comptera pour 7,8 millions de la masse au cours des quatre prochaines années et il lui reste 6 millions à recevoir en salaire, soit une moyenne de 1,5 million par saison. Son contrat le rend très attrayant pour un club visant à atteindre le plancher salarial sans trop dépenser. Ne soyez pas surpris de voir Jonathan Drouin passer aux Coyotes dans une telle transaction. Loin d’être une affaire conclut, mais vous l’aurez lu ici en premier si jamais ça se produit. Montréal libérerait ainsi plus de 13 millions sur sa masse en prévision de l’an prochain.

Back