• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Essence of the take: Weber contract to help Yotes meet cap floor, and Drouin trade deadline fodder in his UFA season.

Net result if it comes to fruition: $13M in AAV, more than enough to sign Letang & Perron!!! 😉

That would be a bad idea. The draft is very deep next year, why on earth would we sign those two? Everything is falling into place, we can't start doing counter productive moves right now. Every year there are free agents, this year is not the time to be adding vets.

That would be a bad idea. The draft is very deep next year, why on earth would we sign those two? Everything is falling into place, we can't start doing counter productive moves right now. Every year there are free agents, this year is not the time to be adding vets.
One more top five pick next season and the rebuild will be in really good shape.

With Marty signed, the Weber and Petry trades are incoming. Hopefully we can acquire some bodies and avoid signing anyone of consequence in FA.

We will have $12 million worth of expiring contracts next year (Byron, Allen, Drouin). All this with a top pick and gobs of cap space means quick rebuild Rangers style.

The trick is to suck and get Connor, which I think may be difficult.

With Marty signed, the Weber and Petry trades are incoming. Hopefully we can acquire some bodies and avoid signing anyone of consequence in FA.

We will have $12 million worth of expiring contracts next year (Byron, Allen, Drouin). All this with a top pick and gobs of cap space means quick rebuild Rangers style.

The trick is to suck and get Connor, which I think may be difficult.

Hopefully under MSL Drouin and Byron play well to be deadline exits

Allen is a good 1B and can be traded as well

Rags rebuild was a video game

Panarin, Fox, Trouba were only going to New York

Mika was the steal of the decade

They flushed their vets in their retool and got 2 lottery picks
The Rangers rebuilt in a "New York minute" and they're one of the few teams who could pull something like that off so quickly. UFA's want to come to the Big Apple but they need to be convinced to come to Montreal.

The Rangers rebuilt in a "New York minute" and they're one of the few teams who could pull something like that off so quickly. UFA's want to come to the Big Apple but they need to be convinced to come to Montreal.

It took 3 years but a Panarin becomes available every 10 years and wasnt a washed up vet looking for a home run deal

The rest were forced outs NBA style with one destination

Rags rebuild was a video game

Panarin, Fox, Trouba were only going to New York

Mika was the steal of the decade

They flushed their vets in their retool and got 2 lottery picks

Huberdeau UFA
Guys like Trouba can be had in trades
etc...

It's achievable.

I think Guhle's going to start in the league, with Harris & Barron starting in the AHL. I do think that Guhle will also spend some time in the AHL.

If it was only up to me? I'd have all three start in the AHL at the beginning of the year, and may the best of the three make the transition to the NHL.

I think Guhle's going to start in the league, with Harris & Barron starting in the AHL. I do think that Guhle will also spend some time in the AHL.

If it was only up to me? I'd have all three start in the AHL at the beginning of the year, and may the best of the three make the transition to the NHL.
Agreed. They don't need to start the season for their 9 game stint.

Back