• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

not really; this admin does things differently (ie not by mindless habit)...they seem to have no problem burning a year of Slaf's entry level deal but they also won't have any hesitation to send him down if his play warrants it

I think up to 40 games you dont lose a year of UFA ?

A new goalie scout joins the Canadiens​

Looking for a way to replace some of what the departed Sean Burke provided, we learned the Canadiens hired former goaltender Neil Little, who worked for a long time in the Philadelphia Flyers organization. Little was hired as a professional scout and his job will largely be to keep an eye on goaltenders. His work will couple with that of Vincent Riendeau, who remains the team’s amateur goalie scout. Little worked for six years in the Florida Panthers organization after his eight years with the Flyers. He spent last season working for the independent scouting firm Team 33.

We wouldn’t be surprised if Little, who was let go as part of the regime change in Florida, was recommended to the Canadiens by Billy Ryan, who also worked for the Panthers. At the end of July, Ryan was hired as director of player evaluation, a position that will see Ryan manage amateur scouting in the United States while also working with Rob Ramage’s player development group to keep an eye on some of the players already drafted by the Canadiens.

- The Athletic.

If Beck is the 2C next year the tank is really on.
I thought Beck was good enough to start the year, to be honest.

If I had to make a bet, he's pretty much a shoe-in for the fourth line center job next season.

I thought Beck was good enough to start the year, to be honest.

If I had to make a bet, he's pretty much a shoe-in for the fourth line center job next season.
Sure but if we have a 19 year old rookie as our second line centre. We are tanking.

Luv this regime , not fucking around with spare parts
Me too. I always used to bristle at people like Bergy and other Habs front office dinosaurs whenever they would try to rationalize failure by saying some stupid shit like "losing teaches you how to win". No. You learn to win by winning. All that losing teaches you is how to be good at losing. And playing games with Slaf's development in order to save a year of UFA isn't going to teach Slaf how to be a pro hockey player. Only actually playing pro hockey will do that.

The stats guru (Kelly) who frequents TSN 690, said Pitlick is elite when it comes to the transition game, but isn't doing anything in the either end zone. Kinda sounds like Scott Gomez at the end of his career. Dadonov should have been waived instead, but he probably would be a huge problem child in Laval and no trade deadline value.

The stats guru (Kelly) who frequents TSN 690, said Pitlick is elite when it comes to the transition game, but isn't doing anything in the either end zone. Kinda sounds like Scott Gomez at the end of his career. Dadonov should have been waived instead, but he probably would be a huge problem child in Laval and no trade deadline value.

If thats the case 1.1 mil is chump change for a team to claim him

Back