• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

If not for Covid they don't make the playoffs for 6 out of 7 years including 5 straight up to last season. No way there wouldn't have been consequences for that, especially when they were doing all this without even attempting to do anything other than make it to 8th place. Covid provided them with 2 years of make-believe where they could pretend that they weren't as garbage as they actually were and had been for nearly all of Bergevin's tenure.
Yup 5 straight missed playoffs = shit hits the fan

The only saving grace I dont see Hugo as part of the picture years ago

Molson would of hired retreads with no structure and no future

So in a way Covid helped the rebuild with solid hires and philosophical change

Show me a team ranked 24th making the playoffs .......... that off season consequences would of been a shit show

Cmon LG , the team was fucken doomed with no covid environment , even with injuries .

Team would of been ripped to shreds that offseason with a house cleaning, there is no playoffs in a normal season

Remember 31 and 6 were done and many of our players played 60+ games

If this was an elite finals team and one bad or injury riddled year turns into a good next season , that I understand

This team was a shit show ready to implode hanging on a thread

Hugo turned over 2/3 of that roster so far and more to go , time is up rebuild is upon us .
Geeman come on man you keep avoiding my point.. I acknowledge your point about Covid, we all get it..and we all get that they still had to win the games to get to the finals , however you keep skating around the issue why they were the worst team in the league last year and you won't acknowledge what we ALL know, they were the worst because of the 700+ man game lost.. Hello

Oh it isn't that big. Just some scrap wood and plastic wrap. He is only 2 so he doesn't need much. Just hoping to teach him to skate this winter.

Unfortunately he seems to like goalie. Haha
Goalies from my day were the best skaters on the team, when i was playing Junior i made a bet with our captain (centre) that i could beat him skating the full length of the rink and back, without the pads and with my goalie skates.. the bet was a case , 24 of beer.. i beat him by at least 10 feet..i still bug him about that to this day :) , so tell your kid he needs to be the best skater if he is going to be a goalie..

The COVID excuse is so dumb as everyone played under the same conditions and knew those conditions going in and these guys just like to use very weak arguments to try to justify crying and whining about the Habs.

It’s why I just roll eyes.
I know, I understand their point but in order to play they had to come up with a format and rules, everyone knew the rules, the Habs still had to beat the Leafs, the Jets, LV to make it to the finals.. and then argue that the team was shit all along and last year proves it without acknowledging the 700 man lost was a MAJOR reason.. the rebuild is happening but not the way they think or want..

And admittedly by the players, the extra short summer made it worse.

Was it ideal? Nowhere close but the NHL had to do something. Whining after they succeeded that this wasn't normal is beyond obvious.

Goalies from my day were the best skaters on the team, when i was playing Junior i made a bet with our captain (centre) that i could beat him skating the full length of the rink and back, without the pads and with my goalie skates.. the bet was a case , 24 of beer.. i beat him by at least 10 feet..i still bug him about that to this day :) , so tell your kid he needs to be the best skater if he is going to be a goalie..

no team my son has been on since Atom has had goalies as the best skater, I think that adage has gone the way of the dodo bird

Was the same in my day.

I'm going to start with trying to teach him to skate.

No. It used to be very true. Not so sure anymore since the hybrid style became prevalent.

The pads today go up to just below the waist, you can"t skate fast with pads like that.. when i played the pads just went above the knees..

I'm guessing "upper body" includes the area above the shoulders. If he had an ounce of pride he would just quit and stop masquerading as a pro hockey player. He doesn't have what it takes between the ears to play at this level. Raw talent only gets you so far. At some point you have to put in the work and give a shit. Drouin only liked playing when things came easy to him. Zero work ethic. And if the Habs were a contender I'd be happy to see him out of the line up but as it is, this dog fucker actually helps the tank when he plays. When he's out, they replace him with Pizza Mullet or some other young, hungry player who actually cares and we risk winning games we need to lose.

Back