• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

And the other two were incredibly easy to identify ahead of time too.

Those who shit on me and kept saying I was wrong, that signing Petry, Gallagher, Armia, etc were good ideas and we had to do it? Despite all the historical evidence being on my side? Well, look at that wonderful shit sandwich we're stuck with now and we're going to have to eat it.

Gallagher falling off a cliff was the easiest prediction possible. A player his size with his style of play?

I want you all to think hard & long about this. Next time we have a really good player around the age of 27 a year from free agency, you sure you want to sign him for term & money?

While you have some outliers like Joe Pavelski that defy all logic, most players peak in their early to mid-20s and see a drastic drop off in their play around the late 20s, early 30s, which happens to be at the same time they get their career contracts. The ones who don't seemingly regress at that age bracket, or are just so damn good that even if they regress they're still excellent players? They're usually the ones in discussion for the HHOF.
Agreed. Plus if you only have 31 as the albatross them is recoverable. Throwing in more shit? The toilet overflowed.

that one's for you stink

I thought we would be able to get at least 3 good years of Gallagher. I'm not sure we even got one good game out if this contract so far.
He's still got the heart but his body couldn't keep up with his style of play. Not big enough to last the rigors.

And the other two were incredibly easy to identify ahead of time too.

Those who shit on me and kept saying I was wrong, that signing Petry, Gallagher, Armia, etc were good ideas and we had to do it? Despite all the historical evidence being on my side? Well, look at that wonderful shit sandwich we're stuck with now and we're going to have to eat it.

Gallagher falling off a cliff was the easiest prediction possible. A player his size with his style of play?

I want you all to think hard & long about this. Next time we have a really good player around the age of 27 a year from free agency, you sure you want to sign him for term & money?

While you have some outliers like Joe Pavelski that defy all logic, most players peak in their early to mid-20s and see a drastic drop off in their play around the late 20s, early 30s, which happens to be at the same time they get their career contracts. The ones who don't seemingly regress at that age bracket, or are just so damn good that even if they regress they're still excellent players? They're usually the ones in discussion for the HHOF.

Bang on , but the thing with Pavelski , Thornton and others is they never played under 8 year deals as they aged

I could be wrong but 3 year terms has been the longest they had contracts

Gally expiring next year is ok even with a 6.5 mil tag , but 3 more after is a joke

The other thing is the team stinks so these contracts never made sense

Its not Colorado worried about Landeskog`s last 3 years with a cup and contending for years .

Pizza Mullet will be gone soon enough. Some talking heads suggested he’s only protected from the waiver because they want warm bodies to finish the season once the purge starts. After that, it’s adios.

Pizza Mullet will be gone soon enough. Some talking heads suggested he’s only protected from the waiver because they want warm bodies to finish the season once the purge starts. After that, it’s adios.
Need Mony to comeback healthy and productive for trade bait

Back