• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Exactly, so no reason to rush him to the NHL at 18. He’s the only player from that draft playing in the NHL.
Slaf glaring weakness right now is time & space adaptation to NHL game while understanding his physical stature quotient.

The only place he can address both those aspects is in the NHL. The time & space factor will be significantly less in AHL and won’t allow him to understand how to use his man child body vs NHL pace

??? That’s totally not Slaf.
I see it too though. Once he gets to the point that he realizes these hits aren't hurting him at all he will get more defensive. D awareness can be taught but I don't see from whom in the entire organization.

I would absolutely love to see Markov brought in as a defensive coach that can also help forwards. Remember, he started out as a forward and became one of the best D in Habs history. He know stuff.

I see it too though. Once he gets to the point that he realizes these hits aren't hurting him at all he will get more defensive. D awareness can be taught but I don't see from whom in the entire organization.

I would absolutely love to see Markov brought in a a defensive coach that can also help forwards. Remember, he started out as a forward and because one of the best D in Habs history. He know stuff.
I miss Markov so much.

Slaf glaring weakness right now is time & space adaptation to NHL game while understanding his physical stature quotient.

The only place he can address both those aspects is in the NHL. The time & space factor will be significantly less in AHL and won’t allow him to understand how to use his man child body vs NHL pace
There is many many weaknesses in his play but he’s a skilled offensive guy, I want him with the puck, stickhandling, shooting, setting up plays, and being dominant. The only place he can develop that right now is Laval.

To be clear I simply don't see him improving any better in Laval. The second he makes a mistake he'll be relegated to less ice and worse team mates.

You could sit there and think that won't happen but cashew (peanuts kid) doesn't know differently.

That is an argument I could buy. I really have no idea about Laval coaches.

But if that is the case fire Hughes now.
Yeah. Let's fire Hughes for tacitly tanking when we need it.

You must be a Holland fan then

Back