• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Very unfortunate breakdown in communication. Markov got rid of his agent but was unprepared for contract negotiations and MB failed to picked up on that and adjust his approach. Both parties shoulders part of the blame, still a sad ending for a great Habs player.

It is Monday morning...thought I’d point out Danault has 2G in his last 44GP and 1 is an empty netter.

Wonder if he still thinks turning down that reported deal was the right move...

I don't think he would get anywhere near what we offered him from another team. His role has shifted to more defensive and Suzuki has the offensive potential for our 1st line C.

Not until the other two lines start having a tough time.

The right time to really shuffle the lines was the first game against Ottawa.

I'd like to see a few shifts with Evans as their center to see how that goes.

I am aware that the Danault line is still the shutdown line when we have last change. I think the issue is the decrease in ice time due to rolling four lines.

Or Getzlaf would look good between the two. :p

I'm kidding, that was for Sal.

Tatar is also kinda meh. How long before that line gets juggled?
You think we flip him for a draft pick at the deadline? or we let him walk..We have CC who will probably be up before the end of the season. I just want MB to keep us competitive for many years and not let guys walk for nothing if we have guys who can step up.

You think we flip him for a draft pick at the deadline? or we let him walk..We have CC who will probably be up before the end of the season. I just want MB to keep us competitive for many years and not let guys walk for nothing if we have guys who can step up.
Here's my concern due to history.

Danault wants to stay in Montreal. MB wants to keep him. MB plays hardball because of Danault's numbers and the cap. Danaul decides to see what's available in the UFA market and leaves when he gets a better offer (he will get offers, I've no doubt) so we lose yet another asset for nothing ala Markov, Radulov and a whole list behind them.

What MB should do is start renegotiating soon to see if there is a deal to be made and if not, trade his butt for another center or at least a first. He's worth a first rounder in this year's draft.

My preference is to keep him but not at what he wants in salary.

Here's my concern due to history.

Danault wants to stay in Montreal. MB wants to keep him. MB plays hardball because of Danault's numbers and the cap. Danaul decides to see what's available in the UFA market and leaves when he gets a better offer (he will get offers, I've no doubt) so we lose yet another asset for nothing ala Markov, Radulov and a whole list behind them.

What MB should do is start renegotiating soon to see if there is a deal to be made and if not, trade his butt for another center or at least a first. He's worth a first rounder in this year's draft.

My preference is to keep him but not at what he wants in salary.

Problem is you aren't striking a deal unless its a win for the player right now in most cases

He will get offers but how good are they in another Covid offseason of limited spending in a flat cap

Its a total balancing act between cap and player value . I like Dano but 5 mil for a 3C who hasn`t produced squat in his last 50 or so games is bad business . With others looking for a payday as well you cant make everyone happy

Nero may not do anything and stay the course as we are challenging for the division lead , no better chance than this shortened season to make some playoff noise.

Bruins dumped Chara and Krug without getting anything back and are still competing

I am not too concerned about letting players walk rather than taking on a bad contract

Tatar is a FA too. So between Danault and Tatar I think CC replaces Tatar so he gets traded and Danault will walk. I just don't see teams throwing 5m for a 3rd line C this offseason. The problem is, he won't like it when the habs lower their offer from their initial one. I would rather keep that money free for Suzuki long term and for any 1 year deals (ie. Hall) that we could snatch someone who is a difference maker for a couple M more.

Tatar is a FA too. So between Danault and Tatar I think CC replaces Tatar so he gets traded and Danault will walk. I just don't see teams throwing 5m for a 3rd line C this offseason. The problem is, he won't like it when the habs lower their offer from their initial one. I would rather keep that money free for Suzuki long term and for any 1 year deals (ie. Hall) that we could snatch someone who is a difference maker for a couple M more.

I think Evans can a be a decent 3rd line C with Lek on one wing

RP can play on the fourth line

Dano brings limited offence to the table to overpay and isn't a difference maker

That line is going to be chopped with Gally getting a different C at some point

There will be more casualties this summer due to covid , need to keep some funds aside to pounce again .

I never thought how big of a difference having Allen would make. It's going to suck losing him in the expansion draft.

I don't see him going anywhere ...side bet to take others

He is exactly what we need with an unreliable Price

I think Evans can a be a decent 3rd line C with Lek on one wing

RP can play on the fourth line

Dano brings limited offence to the table to overpay and isn't a difference maker

That line is going to be chopped with Gally getting a different C at some point

There will be more casualties this summer due to covid , need to keep some funds aside to pounce again .
Danault is a selke calibre center. I think you really discount the player he is and that's a good fucking hockey player.

Back