• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

The ex player taking a coaching job is fine, even though in soccer for example is 50-50 succes or even less but you barley see ex player become an administrator and does well, except Bayern Munich model maybe.
I know hockey is way behind in this matters and Habs are 100 times more but come on we are in 2021.

He is most likely dealing with panic attack and depression à la Patrice Brisebois.
I am not his fan at all and criticized him many times but if this is the case, staying out of hockey for while will be the best thing for him.

Drouin's offensive collapse this season reminds me a lot of the Gomez situation. There were a decent amount of positive signs game in game out, but ZERO production.

Both Gomez and Drouin cost us a premium D prospect -- McDo and Chevy -- both of them Cup winners in Tampa

Drouin's offensive collapse this season reminds me a lot of the Gomez situation. There were a decent amount of positive signs game in game out, but ZERO production.

Both Gomez and Drouin cost us a premium D prospect -- McDo and Chevy -- both of them Cup winners in Tampa

At this point he is basically wasted air on this team …… find a way to move on or Rodidas Island

Its simply a 0/10 transaction one fuelled by catering to the locals and never a hockey trade

If he's dealing with a mental health issue which was include substance abuse I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Yeah, I don't think Drouin's ever going to play another game with us.

I hope he gets whatever it is that's affecting him fixed, but I don't think he'll be back as a Hab.

Yeah, I don't think Drouin's ever going to play another game with us.

I hope he gets whatever it is that's affecting him fixed, but I don't think he'll be back as a Hab.

Team is going have many new faces next year with many fossils leaving

But agree he is done with us

As Pierre Rinfret mentioned yesterday on the radio: we have 9M of cap space towards two players that don't move the needle for us (Drouin-Byron). That's an incredible amount, 9M, for what we are getting in return.

I mean, there's always a lot of roster turnover year over year. It's all but guaranteed that along with Drouin, the following are done: Lehkonen, Armia, Merrill, Gustafsson, Tatar, Perry, Danault, Staal, along with one of Chiarot/Edmundsson/Allen and maybe even Kulak.

That's almost half the team. Unfortunately, only Danault's a real significant player in the lot.

Back