• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

Loving the self delusion here. Coping mechanism.

This is not good. This is another first round fuck up. Really ridiculous how incompetent this team is with first rounders.
I'm not saying that this is a good result for a 3rd overall pick. However, at this point in time, this works out really well for the Habs. We're much better off than we were yesterday. Or even 8 days ago.

It might end up sucking in the long run if KK fulfills his potential.

Habs played this perfectly. KK was never going to amount to a #1, franchise centre.

Given scenarios, which is the most likely to occur?

A. He becomes a 50 point player in Carolina.
B. He flames out of the NHL and goes back to Finland.
C. Somewhere in between A and B

Most of us would say C- and you can get a 1st and 3rd for that?? All day I take that deal.

Jokes on Carolina. Sick retaliation, guys. Wonder if their socials team will be Twitter warriors when you have a 22 year old healthy scratch making 6 mill next season

For sure. I was all on the Hughes train. KK was my 2nd preference so I wasn't too upset at the time... but definitely wanted Hughes.

I'm far more pissed about fucking up a third overall pick in a ridiculously deep draft than this.

Yeah I'm upset about wasting that pick, from the pick and the development and all the other players that we could have drafted, but I think we got out of this as good as could be.

Loving the self delusion here. Coping mechanism.

This is not good. This is another first round fuck up. Really ridiculous how incompetent this team is with first rounders.

If you want me to agree the Habs need to draft/develop better, count me in.

But given the specific parameters of being handed a shitty lemon, this is lemonade.

If you want me to agree the Habs need to draft/develop better, count me in.

But given the specific parameters of being handed a shitty lemon, this is lemonade.
I'm aware what it is, a bottle of bourbon after a fight.

Back