• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

KK Signs Offer Sheet From Canes/Habs Don't Match

That’s the issue. He has all the tools and may put them together in Carolina. There was a lot of negative energy in MTL, so it was probably best to cut ties.

The Habs bottled his development. This is the consequence.
He does not have all the tools, especially his body-type, which is more apt for tennis than hockey.

Didn’t like the pick when made. Should take BPA at no. 3 overall. That was not him.

Yeah I'm upset about wasting that pick, from the pick and the development and all the other players that we could have drafted, but I think we got out of this as good as could be.
Agreed, much like the Gally situation where we ended up wasting that pick. At least Gally got us Domi who had a great 1st season for us who, in turn, got us Anderson; a power forward that we certainly need.

I have to give MB some credit as he was able to work out a contingency plan and get a young centre that can immediately contribute, rather than having to doing something that he might regret by matching the offer or just going with draft picks that you have to wait several years to see if they turn out

Last edited:
Agreed, much like the Gally situation where we ended up wasting that pick. At least Gally got us Domi who had a great 1st season for us who, in turn, got us Anderson; a power forward that we certainly need.

I have to give MB some credit as he was able to work out a contingency plan and get a young centre that can immediately contribute, rather than having to doing something that he might regret by matching the offer or just going with draft picks that you have to wait several years to see if they turn out
If the Habs make the playoffs, it will be the loss of Danault that will sting, not KK.

Why laugh? Its because of the Hab's playoff success Danault got that huge contract. Otherwise he would have had to accept less.

Let’s stop overating Dano , nice player as a 3rd line defensive center

He would of been part of the same group that would of missed the playoffs 4 years in a row under normal circumstances

Sorry 1 goal in the playoffs as our most MPG player doesn’t cut it it.

We had to pull the cord

Last edited:
Let’s stop overating Dano , nice player as a 3rd line defensive center

He would of been part of the same group that would of missed the playoffs 4 years in a row u dear normal circumstances

Sorry 1 goal in the playoffs as our most MPG player doesn’t cut it it.

We had to pull the cord
its all about trends, the role of the shutdown centre was enormous in the playoffs last year, the top guns were largely ineffective

its all about trends, the role of the shutdown centre was enormous in the playoffs last year, the top guns were largely ineffective

You cant have your shutdown C on the ice for 20 minutes and score 1 goal in 22 games

He has to produce like Pageau or its like playing 1/3 of the game with no chance to score

With a pop gun offence to begin with , you need 31 to steal most games

The top guns were erratic but what did you expect , we dont have top end talent yet

I'm not saying that this is a good result for a 3rd overall pick. However, at this point in time, this works out really well for the Habs. We're much better off than we were yesterday. Or even 8 days ago.

It might end up sucking in the long run if KK fulfills his potential.

They made the best out of a tough situation for now

At least Dvorak is locked up at fair money and only 25

Back