• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

With that said because the leafs are in ltir I don’t think that they accrue any spade so
There’s no cap benefit to waiting until the deadline here.

With that said because the leafs are in ltir I don’t think that they accrue any spade so
There’s no cap benefit to waiting until the deadline here.

i always get this confused. is accrual anything to do with how much caphit we take on from incoming players?

iis ltir space also used only on that 1/3 or whatever of the caphit is left on the incoming guy?

but holy shit man like woah Brad how hilarious these Klingberg and Reaves signings are. woof.

giphy.gif

I get that he didn't give one of them any term so that's cool. It hasn't impacted their future. But yeah.. Those immediately crack the top 10, maybe top 5 in worst Leafs signings of the last 20 years or so. You can't possibly pick 2 worse players from this years crop of free agents.

And now he's gonna get Zadorov at nearly 4m to "fix" the Klingberg error, isn't he? I mean it's better at least?

Connolly, Armstrong, Martin.

Reaves is in there for sure.

The one year on Klingberg, and lack of a presigning physical, probably keep him just out of the top 10.

Last edited:
Top 5 is tough to crack for us. Clarkson, Finger, Komi, Mrazek, Marleau, Ritchie, definitely forgetting some.
ok ok ok fair. I have these worse than Ritchie but the others are tough to beat, yeah. I forgot about like half of those. In saying that, Reaves is definitely the worst player on that list, though cheaper than most. Klingberg might be the 2nd worst tbh. I recall most of those guys sucking but not necessarily being complete liabilities. The term saves his contract though.

In saying that, the stakes are just way higher this year than they were during the old days. So it just feels so much worse because of what could have been done instead.

Last edited:
honestly the hockey gods are so on our side this year.

Treliving almost cost us Timmins, and I bet you Timmins is good...and fills the need for an offensive/2nd pp dman role perfectly.

But Timmins got injured, so we could keep him just long enough for Klingberg to be finished.

Hockey gods saving Brad from himself all over the place.
don't jinx it!

now all we need is some positive news on the Liljegren front. Today marks 3 weeks from his injury. High Ankle sprains are usually 6-8 week recoveries but can be longer.

Hopefully his is more of the 6 week variety and he can come back in less than a month.
man I suspect this will affect him all season, regardless of when he comes back. was a pretty awful looking sprain and these things linger. soft fucking tissue injuries...

but who knows, he's also fairly young with hopefully some good Viking blood in him, so maybe he can fully recover...

i always get this confused. is accrual anything to do with how much caphit we take on from incoming players?

iis ltir space also used only on that 1/3 or whatever of the caphit is left on the incoming guy?
I think if you're into LTIR space (i.e. above the cap if you do not include LTIR), there is simply no accrual.

I get that he didn't give one of them any term so that's cool. It hasn't impacted their future. But yeah.. Those immediately crack the top 10, maybe top 5 in worst Leafs signings of the last 20 years or so. You can't possibly pick 2 worse players from this years crop of free agents.

And now he's gonna get Zadorov at nearly 4m to "fix" the Klingberg error, isn't he? I mean it's better at least?
uhhhh I suggest you reread the terms of the Reavo deal

*edit* oh maybe you did, I misread your post.

I think if you're into LTIR space (i.e. above the cap if you do not include LTIR), there is simply no accrual.

yeah but even ignoring the accrual issue.

If the leafs have $4.4m in LTIR room, we still only care about the 1/3 of the caphit of the player coming in at the deadline, right? It's no different than regular capspace in that regard?

yeah but even ignoring the accrual issue.

If the leafs have $4.4m in LTIR room, we still only care about the 1/3 of the caphit of the player coming in at the deadline, right? It's no different than regular capspace in that regard?
yeah I think the accrual and pro-rated salaries are separate, if that is what you're getting at?

i.e. any salary we acquire at the deadline would increase our cap based on the %ge of the season left. so if there are 1/3 of the games to be played, we acquire 1/3 of the cap hit. that's my understanding at least but I'm not sure if it is correct.

Back