• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Credit to Keefe for realizing that playing Kling was going to eventually get him fired.

Also uncredit him for playing him way too many minutes when he was in the lineup tho.

He’s been piling negative credits for a while.

I think the best thing for the Leaf’s Stanley Cup hopes would be sustained uninspired play that would spark the higher ups to switch coaches

Probably was told to play him to see if he could find his game. 4 million is a big sum of money to waste. Tree clearly took a flier on the wrong dman. Who was the other guy we were rumored to be in on? Dumba? He any good?

this is what’s plagued the team. It’s a trickle down effect of wasting resources year after year. Every offseason we waste money on junk. Find out early in season we’re clearly missing pieces. Use draft capital at the deadline to address the roster. Lose pieces to free agency. Cycle repeats every year.

Who could’ve predicted Klingberg was a waste of time and money? Nearly every single poster here.

Probably was told to play him to see if he could find his game. 4 million is a big sum of money to waste. Tree clearly took a flier on the wrong dman. Who was the other guy we were rumored to be in on? Dumba? He any good?
He was the primary target. And was a healthy scratch for Arizona yesterday. Tre knows how to pick them.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner - 52 mins, 65.3 xGF%
Nylander-Matthews-Marner - 19 mins, 55.6
Knies-Matthews-Marner -92 mins, 51.1

Knies-Tavares-Nylander, 22 mins, 62.5
Krok-Tavares-Nylander, 15 mins, 57.5

Robertson-Domi-Krok, 58 mins, 59.3

The 4th lines been horrific, even without Reaves. Kampf is on the Leafs 4 worst lines, none of them over 40.7%, and Reaves is actually on the highest performing of the 4. Thats the worst contract of the offseason. He's done. They have to rework the 4th line.

If they are going to keep Matthews-Marner together than swappng Bertuzzi and Knies is the obvious move. They need a bit more help thant JT-Willy right now.

Kampf's skating seems to have taken a hit this year.

2022-23
Top Speed
: 72nd percentiale
Bursts: 68
Distance: 62

2023-24
Top Speed
: 59
Bursts: 61
Distance: below 50th

And looking at the D, the best pairs this year have been:

Rielly-Lilly (82.4) (Rielly-Brodie 52.8)
Gio-McCabe (60.2)
Lagesson-Benoit (67.9)

The only good pair Brodie has been on is unsurprisingly Brodie-Klingberg (70% in 15 mins). Though Rielly-Brodie get the toughest usage.

FYI, Hanifin-Tanev at 61.8.

I bet they get Dumba on the cheap with maybe some retention. He is completely out of favor in Zona. Flames may just keep everyone for a playoff push. At least till closer to the deadline.

Would really like to see Timmins get a run of games and Lilly come back and re establish himself as top pair Timmy before we do anything there.

Our D has been holding up fine. The question long term is whether you have any faith in Lagesson/Benoit/Timmins for a playoff run.

The top line and top pair haven't been good enough.

And the 4th line is one of the worst lines in the league.

Our D has been holding up fine. The question long term is whether you have any faith in Lagesson/Benoit/Timmins for a playoff run.

The top line and top pair haven't been good enough.

And the 4th line is one of the worst lines in the league.

Yeah, agreed on all front. If we can make an impact add to the D I think you have to, guys like Dumba aren't that though. Tanev maybe, yeah.

Definitely need a rethink on th 4th line, Kampf's contract was terrible from the moment it was signed.

Not saying I think they need Dumba or any d other than a top pair guy really.. it's just a hunch that I have since he's one of the few who are realistically on the trade market and will be very cheap to acquire + the leafs clearly had interest a few months ago. I guess Zadorov is the other option since he requested a trade but I doubt Calgary is in a hurry to trade him either.

Klingberg was a massive bust, but Tre built a very good D in Calgary adding Weegar, hanifin, Tanev and Zadorov.

And Lagesson/Benoit look like really strong bargain bin pick ups.

I interested to see what he does.

Back