• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Disappointing to see them sign the washed-up former Hab and this year’s version of ZAR/Gregor, but I was pretty much resigned to it happening at this point. Though the fact they’re also spending next year’s cap space on Pacioretty is an extra layer of fucked-up.

Hopefully pizza boy cheers me up by sending Kampf and/or Krok out of town.

That 4th line is entirely unsurprising but fuck me, what a gut punch to scratch Mcmann. He's likely better than nearly half of their forwards in that lineup.

Also lol at the Nylander experiment lasting shorter than Keefe's did.

And i bet one bad game by robby and mcmann takes his spot.

Yeah, looking at that lineup through the lens of Berube & Treliving, and Robertson jumps out as the first guy that’ll likely come out to get someone else into the lineup.

And McMann likely isn’t even first in line for that spot. They’re probably desperate to get Krok or Dewar into that lineup, as soon as they find a way to make the cap numbers work.

Almost 38 year old Ryan Reaves is going to be a regular again. Holy fucking shit.

For comparison, here is the list of guys who were 37.5+ at the beginning of last season and played > 41 games:

Mark Giordano
Joe Pavelski
Jeff Carter
Ryan Suter
Brent Burns
Corey Perry
Alex Ovechkin
Evgeni Malkin
Blake Wheeler

And we're going to do it with Ryan fucking Reaves. Why? Why do we do this?

Love all the twitter praise of Pridham.

Ya, if you sign two shitty PTO vets is really easy to get right to the cap.

How about advising the GM that its stupid to do that? $1 today is worth $4 at the deadline.

Almost 38 year old Ryan Reaves is going to be a regular again. Holy fucking shit.

For comparison, here is the list of guys who were 37.5+ at the beginning of last season and played > 41 games:

Mark Giordano
Joe Pavelski
Jeff Carter
Ryan Suter
Brent Burns
Corey Perry
Alex Ovechkin
Evgeni Malkin
Blake Wheeler

And we're going to do it with Ryan fucking Reaves. Why? Why do we do this?
Because I hate myself:

Mark Giordano - Norris winner, 500+ points
Ryan Suter - 1st AS team, 600+ points
Brent Burns - Norris winner, 800+ points

Joe Pavelski - 1,000+ points
Jeff Carter - 800+ points
Corey Perry - Rocket, Hart, multiple 1st AS team, 900+ points
Alex Ovechkin - he's Alex fucking Ovechkin
Evgeni Malkin - Hart, Conn Smythe, 2x Art Ross, 1,200+ points
Blake Wheeler - 900+ points

Ryan Reaves - once scored 4 pts in 64 games (difficult), used to punch faces, makes sure there's no Country music on the playlist

The good news is it's not like he can get any worse at hockey. He was awful at 28 and will continue to be at a similar level likely till he's around 50. There is a positive slant to everything.

Love all the twitter praise of Pridham.

Ya, if you sign two shitty PTO vets is really easy to get right to the cap.

How about advising the GM that its stupid to do that? $1 today is worth $4 at the deadline.

Actually i forget the details but this season opening cap number has benefits throughout the season.

And the actual ltir overage isn't a big deal really because we obviously will have to make some trades to get under the cap very soon. Nobody here is really a season long ltir candidate.

Back