• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Don't see much of a need for Zadorov but if they get Tanev too I can't complain too much.

Brodie-Tanev
Rielly-Liljegren
McCabe-Zadorov
Giordano-Timmins

Pretty good 8 d, but unnecessary since Benoit and Laggy seem to be more than fine 7/8s. Timmins is probably a part of it though I guess. Or McCabe.

At the end of the day it comes down to having a 6'6 monster on the blueline. Zadorov is a solid skater, and moves the puck well. His transition numbers are pretty good. He is average defensively. But in addition to that he brings a physicality the Leafs don't really have on the blueline (outside of McCabe) and would be a massive asset in the playoffs when they don't call anything.

He isn't the Muzzin replacement, but he definitely makes the Leafs D deeper and harder to play against.

He shouldn't cost too much, and retention would be ideal. So would adding Tanev.

I’d suggest this isn’t the time for deadline additions. You could blow your head and throw 1sts out the window for these guys right now and they could get injured for the season a week later and then what do you do? If there’s a hockey trade to be done, do it, but might want to wait till later in the season before shipping off futures.

Edit - autocorrect thinks wad is head.

Last edited:
If it's Tanev, I kinda wanna see the chemistry build between him and Brodie, yeah. Because those are the guys that will be up against the best players in the world come playoff time. Then you can let Mo spread his wings with the stabilizing Liljegren on the 2nd pair. But we already know Liljegren will be scratched so who am I kidding

the adds sound fine in a vaccuum but if you're trading Lilly and McCabe to get them then it's a downgrade.
That's the concern. I think if Calgary trades those players this early into the season, it's a "hockey" trade. They want players. Probably McCabe tho, can't possibly be Liljegren.

can't possibly be Liljegren.

image.jpg

And I change my mind on that. It won't be McCabe since we can all be pretty sure Calgary is on an American's no trade list. Ok maybe Liljegren then. Or Timmins+

I mean the obvious move is to push Klingberg out. I don't you are talking about McCabe/Lilly. Zadorov is a 3rd pair Dman, rental, that demanded a trade.

They aren't getting a top 4 D under control for him. They'd be luck to get a guy like that in a Hanifin deal.

Back