• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

I'd trade Marner before Nylander.

Marner can be amazing, but I just can't shed the feeling that he's a whiny little snot who's more interested in his own best outcome than that of the team or anyone else.

I could be wrong though and I hope he proves it.

island-alphabet-in-the-form-of-letter-r.jpg

They'll give Johnny Robidas some action in his home country. But after that we better wake up to news on him getting season ending surgery.

So in 2021 Tre acquired Zadorov for a 3rd rounder. He was also on an expiring deal with a 3.2m cap hit. So basically the same situation. If he pays much more than that I won't be too happy. Retention would be ideal because he doesn't really address anything. Their bottom pair is already fine. They need the space for another.

I'm kinda resigned to the fact that we're going to try for a bruising defenseman add because... well, Bogosian, Boosh, Schenn...

Zadorov does kinda seem like the best of that bunch though. Haven't checked the nerdies, so if it's not true - shut your dang mouth and let me live in peace.

I'm kinda resigned to the fact that we're going to try for a bruising defenseman add because... well, Bogosian, Boosh, Schenn...

Zadorov does kinda seem like the best of that bunch though. Haven't checked the nerdies, so if it's not true - shut your dang mouth and let me live in peace.
It's true. He's fine. But he comes at a big AAV and after dumping Klingberg, it kinda limits them from doing anything else. Unless they get retention of course but then the cost goes up. Biggest need is a #1/2 d so I'm not a fan of blitzing their available cap space on an ok 5/6.

It's true. He's fine. But he comes at a big AAV and after dumping Klingberg, it kinda limits them from doing anything else. Unless they get retention of course but then the cost goes up. Biggest need is a #1/2 d so I'm not a fan of blitzing their available cap space on an ok 5/6.
If Zadorov's the only move, then yeah, it's not great.

But guessing they're rumoured to be after Tanev because they like you think we need better.

Tanev would be nice as well but then you run the issue of lacking offence from the blue line. Would want to see Timmins as the regular 3rd pair RD with Zadorov if that's the move so him and Rielly could be the offensive pulse back there (I guess McCabe would also be moved out? Or Liljegren? Because it would be some big ass log jam if they get both Tanev and Zadorov). I guess Gio would slip to the #7. But then, Gio may be better than Zadorov which goes back to me not loving the idea of him.

Back