• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Was OEL any more likely to rebound than Klingberg though?

According to Doms model the was significantly worse (-6 vs -2).

It’s the same play just it worked. And was cheaper.

Reaves and Klingberg are unplayable disasters. team-killingly bad.

yes he has been a bit better lately...but Domi has 0 goals in 15 games. 0.

As for Bertuzzi, I'm going to need more than 3 goals and 6 points in 15 games for my 5.5 million in cap hit, thank you very much.

Can Tre redeem? yeah, of course. he can make good trades to fill the team's biggest issues...a capable 2 way top 4 dman to replace Klingberg(along with Liljegren returning) to fix the defence, and a solid 2 way 3C. Those aren't necessarily easy things to get...but these players need to be solid, not allstars.

eh you're having it both ways there.

Domi's on a 50pt pace and the 3rd line has been excellent with him at C. Can't have any problem with that really.

Bert's production hasn't been there yet but his underlyings are great and the points are starting to come now.

But then

Rielly
Brodie
Tanev
McCabe
Zadorov
Giordano
Liljegren
Timmins
Benoit
Lageson

that's a lot of NHL capable bodies. So you bring in Zadorov and he steals... Gio's minutes? How much of an upgrade is that? And Tanev steals McCabe's? I assume they trade McCabe in that scenario? And someone else? Guess it depends who. But I just wonder how much it moves the needle if they're just replacing some of their d with Calgary d. Tanev is good and I wouldn't hate him if he's the best d available this year but Zadorov will take up a lot of cap and probably will barely be an upgrade at best on the guy he's replacing as the 5/6.

But then

Rielly
Brodie
Tanev
McCabe
Zadorov
Giordano
Liljegren
Timmins
Benoit
Lageson

that's a lot of NHL capable bodies. So you bring in Zadorov and he steals... Gio's minutes? How much of an upgrade is that? And Tanev steals McCabe's? I assume they trade McCabe in that scenario? And someone else? Guess it depends who. But I just wonder how much it moves the needle if they're just replacing some of their d with Calgary d. Tanev is good and I wouldn't hate him if he's the best d available this year but Zadorov will take up a lot of cap and probably will barely be an upgrade at best on the guy he's replacing as the 5/6.

McCabe has to go out if Tanev-Zadorov is coming in, and Calgary has to put value on him in the trade. I don't see any of that working otherwise.

Way past my prime, no arguments there. These days my feet get sore, I take pretty pictures for a living and I'm in touch with my feelings.

100% bitch shit.

Way past my prime, no arguments there. These days my feet get sore, I take pretty pictures for a living and I'm in touch with my feelings.

100% bitch shit.
And yet, i have no doubt you're a better man because of it. Old Mindz was only in touch with anger, and by jove he knew the man well.

eh you're having it both ways there.

Domi's on a 50pt pace and the 3rd line has been excellent with him at C. Can't have any problem with that really.

Bert's production hasn't been there yet but his underlyings are great and the points are starting to come now.
I personally want to see the first 0 goals and 50 assists season in the NHL.

Back