• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Domi in the faceoff dot was fuego last night. What is his chemistry with Willy cuz that would be an interesting option as 2C with Willy and Knies next season

Domi in the faceoff dot was fuego last night. What is his chemistry with Willy cuz that would be an interesting option as 2C with Willy and Knies next season

I'm okay with 2C Domi as long as we go and get that mythical 2-way 3C shutty line guy. We need a line that can handle heavies without getting caved and while still providing some 5v5 offensive pop. We probably should have scooped Evan Rodrigues when we had the chance tbh. Matthews-Domi-Rodrigues-Holmberg up the middle would be pretty, pretty good.

Stenlund is 6'4 all day...

Dunno either though. Rodrigues has been a perfectly cromulent 3C for a couple of good teams in a row now. Only real knock is that he's not great on the draw and if you like gritensity he's more of that annoying and fast gritty than he is 6'4 all day, face wash in the scrum gritty.

I've sustained an injury in sympathy, I think.

Somehow hurt my foot at hockey on Sunday, was okay on Monday, but super painful yesterday and can't put much weight on one side of it. I don't even know what could be causing so much pain in that spot. So, like Matty, I have to miss my game tonight. And I was thinking, even something minor like this could prevent a guy from playing if you literally can't run/skate. It's weird because I can get by walking and no one would probably notice anything wrong (thankfully don't have to answer to the media!), but there's no way I can run, and if I tried, I'd probably fuck myself up pretty bad rather than just sit out a few days and heal up.

If only we had a foot expert on the forum who could opine on both this injury and Matty's.

Stenlund is 6'4 all day...

Dunno either though. Rodrigues has been a perfectly cromulent 3C for a couple of good teams in a row now. Only real knock is that he's not great on the draw and if you like gritensity he's more of that annoying and fast gritty than he is 6'4 all day, face wash in the scrum gritty.
Does anyone ever actually regularly measure people all day to make sure they stay the same height?

What if there are fluctuations?

SV%

NYR .931 --- WSH .864 ---> NYR +.067 (4gms, 4-0)
EDM .919 --- LAK .867 ---> EDM +.052 (4gms, 3-1)
BOS .943 --- TOR .904 ---> BOS +.039 (5gms, 3-2)
VAN .909 --- NSH .879 ---> VAN +.030 (5gms, 3-2)
COL .900 --- WPG .873 ---> COL +.027 (5gms, 4-1)
VGK .921 --- DAL .907 ---> VGK +.014 (4gms, 2-2)
CAR .912 --- NYI .904 ---> CAR +.008 (5gms, 4-1)
TBL .897 --- FLA .896 ---> TBL +.001 (5gms, 1-4)

I love how our opponent's goaltending is always in the stratosphere.

I bet if you did that same chart for back when we played CBJ, MTL, and others, it was similar, with their goaltenders being off the charts compared to all other goaltenders. Comically, only Vasi likely didn't stack up. Everyone else gets possessed by Vezina.

I love how our opponent's goaltending is always in the stratosphere.

I bet if you did that same chart for back when we played CBJ, MTL, and others, it was similar, with their goaltenders being off the charts compared to all other goaltenders. Comically, only Vasi likely didn't stack up. Everyone else gets possessed by Vezina.

Most of our opponents invested heavily in net.

There's a lesson in there.

Does it explain why their goaltenders would be head and shoulders above all the other goaltenders almost every year, and not just ours?

No one is even really close to Boston in that list.

Back