• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

I would be all over giving CBJ Krok, Kampf, and Timmins for Boone Jenner as the perfect 2C

Would anyone be interested in Monahan?

Gotta get rid of the old guard and get a legit 2C

with the right roster decisions the Leafs could have as good offensive depth as any team in hockey.

2yr average of p1/60 and p/60, in general order of toi/role:

1727838725395.png

So we need to ditch Timmins to get under the cap with a 22 man roster even if we don't sign Patches or Lorentz. And send Cowan back without a look.

If they want to add Patches or Lorentz than at minimum they need to remove as much caphit as they give them.

Never really in doubt, once he was re-signed. They’re not losing him on waivers and if they were willing to trade him prior to the season, that would’ve happened long ago.

Though funny enough, after spending the summer insisting the Leafs would trade Robertson, Seravalli continues to double-down and insist that Robertson is still most likely going to get traded.

This Liljegren thing is definitely odd. Tre's commentary about him over the summer was not encouraging at all. Wild that he's not even on the third pair.

Lilly is gone IMO

Yep.

And I dunno. I’ve been one of the biggest Lilly backers, but even I’m a bit ambivalent about him at this point with the way he tends to fall to pieces come the playoffs every year.

I know part of that could be blamed on the former coach’s lack of confidence in him and the fact that the team telegraph their lack of faith in him by acquiring several dozen depth defensemen at the deadline every year. But still.

I should have said that not only is Robby on the roster, but clearly in a legit role and not just battling for TOI scraps.

Also....while Lilly may be out, it's also possible that Berube likes Rifai more than Benoit. Berube has no history with Benoit and Benoit wasn't on anyone's map before last year.

Berube hasn't really been the kind of coach to use a no-skill 3rd pair. We'll see how it shakes out.

Back