• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

so I don’t foresee litigation

laugh-mock.gif

The odds of even one of them dying were so incredibly low! At those ages peoples 4 year mortality risks are actually quite low! Why the hell were you so convinced of this?
With Trump, because of his awful lifestyle of no exercise (taking a cart to swing at a club a dozen times every few days isn't exercise), his awful eating habits (happy meals galore), the insane stress that I'd imagine any human being would have with a zillion lawsuits to pay for and worry about, and then the pressure of running again against all odds. Surefire early death recipe.

With Biden, he has Parkinsons for sure and is falling over himself and can't remember his own name. It's a rapid decline since four years ago, and one would've thought he'd have bit the dust by now. I can guarantee, however, that he'll be dead before the end of the next presidential term. There's no way he's alive 4.5 years from now.

With Trump, because of his awful lifestyle of no exercise (taking a cart to swing at a club a dozen times every few days isn't exercise), his awful eating habits (happy meals galore), the insane stress that I'd imagine any human being would have with a zillion lawsuits to pay for and worry about, and then the pressure of running again against all odds. Surefire early death recipe.

With Biden, he has Parkinsons for sure and is falling over himself and can't remember his own name. It's a rapid decline since four years ago, and one would've thought he'd have bit the dust by now. I can guarantee, however, that he'll be dead before the end of the next presidential term. There's no way he's alive 4.5 years from now.
See the thing is many people his age and older are just like Biden and often live for many many years just fine. They just typically aren't the President of the United States and live a private lifestyle with their family, away from the limelight. Because no one needs to watch a man go senile in public in real time. It's grossly uncomfortable to watch.

That’s fine. Because previously the only responses I got from the BidenStay crowd was a variation of “Trump is no spring chicken either” which adds nothing.

My take is that Biden will step down so I don’t foresee litigation
i dunno how this would be avoided. it's easily another few months of oxygen in the press of who the replacement is before anyone gets talking about trump again.

What are you talking about. Biden is allowed to quit for medical reasons (there’s probably a dozen of them to choose from)

Hilarious that you think this press won't litigate it 19 different ways to dunk on the Democrats rather than focus on Trump at any point. There will be "Dems in disarray" think pieces until late October and in depth breakdowns of how shadowy forces in the DNC took down the sitting President with a great policy track record, etc, etc, etc.

i dunno how this would be avoided. it's easily another few months of oxygen in the press of who the replacement is before anyone gets talking about trump again.

Yeah, this.

If someone thinks the reason they're not focusing on Trump or the issues is actually Biden's age and cognition, well...I can't fucking help them at this point.

Yeah, this.

If someone thinks the reason they're not focusing on Trump or the issues is actually Biden's age and cognition, well...I can't fucking help them at this point.

twitter/fox/cnn is not real life… this thread spends their summer parsing every word but most people will start paying attention in October

Please don't listen to anything David Sacks has to say. One of the dumbest people on the entire interwebz, the only thing that could exceed his stupidity is his dishonesty. It's embarrassing.
I hear you, but it’s hard to deny the coordinated effort that’s ongoing to get Biden replaced, no? The “White House official” leaks have been bonkers since the debate. He didn’t JUST become like this, he’s been this way for years and no one has questioned a thing in the MSM.

Incident from 2 years ago:

View: https://x.com/comfortablysmug/status/1810486749266669657?s=46&t=jO26Xs3gATFmVvs8KlHlPg

Please explain how what is currently happening amounts to an “actual insurrection”

All I see is a major political party discussing the viability of their presumptive nominee’s candidacy.

Looking forward to understanding how that is an “actual insurrection”!
Coordinated attack on him via the media and “leaks” seems pretty clear to me. But maybe it’s just because I’ve seen the same pattern before but coordinated against Trump.

Occam's Razor applies to so many things, doesn't it? But at the same time, it's boring, so fuck it, what if it was a Deep State (TM) conspiracy instead?!?!?!
You really, really believe that all these people are in total shock at Biden’s mental and physical health? You think this is new news?

According to a memo shared with Semafor that has been circulated to Democratic donors and bundlers as well as officials within the Biden campaign and administration:

• Biden would step down as the Democratic nominee in mid-July, and announce the new system, with backing from Vice President Kamala Harris.
  • Potential candidates would have a few days to throw their respective hats in the ring. The Democratic Party then would begin a primary sprint in which the six candidates who receive the most votes from delegates pledge to run positive-only campaigns in the month leading up to the convention.
  • The “blitz primary” would involve weekly forums with each candidate moderated by cultural icons (Michelle Obama, Oprah, and Taylor Swift are among the names floated in the memo) in order to engage voters.
  • The nominee would ultimately be chosen by the delegates using ranked choice voting before the start of the Chicago convention on Aug. 19.
  • It would be announced with plenty of fanfare on the third day of the gathering. The memo imagines the nominee unveiled on stage with Biden, Barack Obama and Bill Clinton.
According to its authors, the country would be captivated. Donations would pour in. And Biden would be celebrated as a “modern-day George Washington,” the proponents argue.

full article here: https://www.semafor.com/article/07/...ld-open-up-democratic-race-if-biden-drops-out

Biden doesn’t have Parkinson’s. But he’s not aging well.

Born in 1942:

View: https://youtu.be/ezRI-nIyEHA?si=29EeVGLs7Gjs3fHa

Born in 1943:

Born 1942:

View: https://youtu.be/vMcQXbjYXco?si=aq2ve2RZ5i311zoX

Born 1940:

View: https://youtu.be/9NtjbYms4aE?si=z6nTadn7XMxqvbyY

Born 1942:

View: https://youtu.be/hi3w2dtfc-s?si=-btfdLDG-vyPEtkI

View: https://youtu.be/i3eYmc1AkMs?si=RF5gxPe9fFTODIuC

According to a memo shared with Semafor that has been circulated to Democratic donors and bundlers as well as officials within the Biden campaign and administration:

• Biden would step down as the Democratic nominee in mid-July, and announce the new system, with backing from Vice President Kamala Harris.
  • Potential candidates would have a few days to throw their respective hats in the ring. The Democratic Party then would begin a primary sprint in which the six candidates who receive the most votes from delegates pledge to run positive-only campaigns in the month leading up to the convention.
  • The “blitz primary” would involve weekly forums with each candidate moderated by cultural icons (Michelle Obama, Oprah, and Taylor Swift are among the names floated in the memo) in order to engage voters.
  • The nominee would ultimately be chosen by the delegates using ranked choice voting before the start of the Chicago convention on Aug. 19.
  • It would be announced with plenty of fanfare on the third day of the gathering. The memo imagines the nominee unveiled on stage with Biden, Barack Obama and Bill Clinton.
According to its authors, the country would be captivated. Donations would pour in. And Biden would be celebrated as a “modern-day George Washington,” the proponents argue.

full article here: https://www.semafor.com/article/07/...ld-open-up-democratic-race-if-biden-drops-out
Taylor Swift and Oprah moderating? This is fantasy land stuff.

Back