• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Going on a limb here but I assume illegals are on the whole unlikely to do things that would put them in contact with authorities.
Disagree. There are many gatherings and protests over the treatment of illegal immigrants hosted by and attended by illegal immigrants.

While it's not viewed upon as an issue now, they won't be doing it as much should trump win. The risk will be far greater for them.

Disagree. There are many gatherings and protests over the treatment of illegal immigrants hosted by and attended by illegal immigrants.

While it's not viewed upon as an issue now, they won't be doing it as much should trump win. The risk will be far greater for them.
I do think they are particularly emboldened right now

Aren’t they doing it in sanctuary cities, where authorities are more scared of them than they are of authorities?
Mostly but they've spread out. Nothing violent or anything of course. There was a small gathering at a park I was at a few weeks ago and maybe about 20-25 were there and they were simply asking to stop being looked at as invisible.

I didn't read the whole convo here tbh because "been there done that" but I do worry for these people if the wrong regime gets in again.

Mostly but they've spread out. Nothing violent or anything of course. There was a small gathering at a park I was at a few weeks ago and maybe about 20-25 were there and they were simply asking to stop being looked at as invisible.

I didn't read the whole convo here tbh because "been there done that" but I do worry for these people if the wrong regime gets in again.
Kind of ironic, tbh

Back