• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

every now and then I have to remind myself that we, the people who closely monitor what is happening with government, are the weirdos, and most normies are... fuck, I don't even know.
Tbh they're the smart ones in all of this and assuredly live a happier life

Whatever happened to that guy?
Runs a podcast now that honestly is fantastic. You should try it. It's really very entertaining. I don't listen to Rogan but maybe once a month or every other month. Tucker I now check to see if he has a new interview almost every time I get in the car to go to work.

He started a show on the Elon Musk X network
No, he has his own website and the podcasts are on the site for (mostly) free as well as on spotify.

Hopefully you guys didn't cancel spotify when they refused to remove Rogan.

Because most of them are like me and believe that it's always a choice between shit every four years, and in the intervening period it's a bunch of fucking infighting and jockeying by self-interested fucks pretending to act in the public's interest while really only caring about themselves and trying to find ways to attain whatever personal, political, financial gain they can swipe during their limited time in power. And nothing ever really changes much. All this doom and gloom about democracy dying if Trump wins is also going to end up being a load of crap, maybe a tick more of a real threat than Y2K was back in the tail end of 1999.
I don't see how anyone can pay attention to what Trump and his supporters are explicitly promising and come to that conclusion. That conclusion is logically incompatible with the things put on the public record by Trump and his team.

It’s not that different than a Leaf fan who skips 90% of the regular season but watches intently during playoff time where coincidentally, year after year, nothing changes all that much
this is a pretty poor analogy given the stakes here. unless you also do not think democracy is on the ballot?

Sorry for trying to make a joke at the Leaf’s expense
if the underlying premise wasn't so flawed it had potential!

but instead it just sounds like you're equating the defeat of democracy in America to the Leafs annual playoff disappointment

if the underlying premise wasn't so flawed it had potential!

but instead it just sounds like you're equating the defeat of democracy in America to the Leafs annual playoff disappointment

I’m taking this election very seriously…. and I’m confident more folks will too, the closer we get to playoff time

Back