• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

GST0EhLXAAIntnP

The state of the voting process in this day and age is an absolute travesty, mockery, joke, and tragedy.

Each asshole in this country eligible to vote has a social security number. How has the government not created one of those what do you call them, website thingies, dedicated to voting where they have every living asshole's SSN on file, where each asshole that wants to vote sets up an account tied to their specific SSN, and then fucking clicks a red or blue box within some reasonable period before election day? They can do this for taxes of course, but not for voting?

The whole political process and system is a circus, and deliberately so because both parties want it that way.

I’ll believe it when I see it, but man will it ever be a shitshow if Biden is replaced. It will be a four month frenzy of looking behind the curtain, allegations of infighting and corruption, and zero air left for whoever takes over to take charge of the agenda or talk about policy. Very naive IMO to expect anything else.

If it’s Harris, won’t House Republicans immediately start impeachment proceedings? Then that’s all anyone will hear about, she’ll be on the defensive the whole time.

The state of the voting process in this day and age is an absolute travesty, mockery, joke, and tragedy.

Each asshole in this country eligible to vote has a social security number. How has the government not created one of those what do you call them, website thingies, dedicated to voting where they have every living asshole's SSN on file, where each asshole that wants to vote sets up an account tied to their specific SSN, and then fucking clicks a red or blue box within some reasonable period before election day? They can do this for taxes of course, but not for voting?

The whole political process and system is a circus, and deliberately so because both parties want it that way.
so you just want online voting?

we have that at the municipal level here. seems to work fine, but understand the fraud concerns. don't actually know if it is more/less susceptible

I’ll believe it when I see it, but man will it ever be a shitshow if Biden is replaced. It will be a four month frenzy of looking behind the curtain, allegations of infighting and corruption, and zero air left for whoever takes over to take charge of the agenda or talk about policy. Very naive IMO to expect anything else.

If it’s Harris, won’t House Republicans immediately start impeachment proceedings? Then that’s all anyone will hear about, she’ll be on the defensive the whole time.
Oh man take me back to a time when impeachment proceedings weren't used solely as a political sham.

Oh man take me back to a time when impeachment proceedings weren't used solely as a political sham.
I mean I think I know the answers but the questions bare repeating:

- do you think it is appropriate for a President to withhold military aid from a foreign country until that country launches an unfounded investigation into a political rival?
- do you think it is appropriate to incite an insurrection and try to prevent the peaceful transfer of power?

- do you think it is appropriate for a President to withhold military aid from a foreign country until that country launches an unfounded investigation into a political rival?
- do you think it is appropriate to incite an insurrection and try to prevent the peaceful transfer of power?
-Biden was willing to withhold from Israel to achieve his goals; Do you think it's appropriate to literally try to throw your chief political opponent in jail for trumped up charges?
-This is just false. Lots of evidence including tweets calling for peaceful protests, condemning those who were violent (extremely few), and pointing out that Pelosi is the one who denied extra security that day, with the capital police seemingly in on it due to woefully low number of officers on duty.

lol, good luck.

1. Those things never happened
2. If they did, Dotard wasn’t involved
3. If he was, it wasn’t his fault
4. If it was, Democrats do it too
5. If they don’t, those were the greatest things ever to happen God Bless Dotard!

Eh, that move along would disenfranchise the ~25 million americans who don't have internet access.

The underlying fact is that voter fraud the way it's presented as a problem by the right, simply isn't. They're running cover fire for policies meant to disenfranchise people.

Back